- advertisement -

Dexcom ???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Darryl, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Both of our G4 receivers show ???. The sensor is just 1 day old. I restarted one receiver, left the other on ???. Does the ??? resolve on it's own, ever? Or should I restart that one too. Not good timing for this to happen at 1 AM.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes they can resolve on there own. I usually will ride out ???

3. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

It just came back on! Glad I only restarted one of them.

4. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Rachel gets ??? often, I'm starting to think its something physiological with her.... we NEVER even get 7 days - usually only 5 before bouts of ??? . We do use Animas Vibe along with a receiver and sometimes one will ??? and not the other... FRUSTRATING..

5. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

We don't get them often but I do think it may be due to dehydration. They almost always resolve on their own unless the sensor is over 10 days old, and usually even then they do. Within 2 hours, or I usually change it out.

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Rachel is nearly drowning with hydration..... not that problem for us! 10pm here and ??? yet again..:frown:

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

People have mentioned that sometimes ??? is caused by water getting trapped between the transmitter and sensor. I know that some folks have had luck resolving ??? by carefully removing the transmitter and wiping the bottom of it off, and then reattaching it. We haven't tried it yet, but I plan to give it a go next time we get ???.

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

I start with having him drink some more water and if that doesn't clear it we do this.

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Our ??? happen anytime for up to 3 hours at a time.. and several times a day. Lots of water in the kid and none around her.... Very frustrating, and the more we have to muck around with it the less useful Rachel finds it..

10. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I'm surprised to hear so many problems with ??? because we rarely have them. Maybe some people's body chemistry is just better than others for technology like this. We only get it typically if we are way old on a sensor and being lazy about putting a new one in - day 14, 15, 16, etc.

11. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We had much better luck with Dex7+ than G4..... maybe something in the newer sensors just doesn't agree with her ?

12. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

We tend to get a lot more ??? towards the end of our transmitter life. We usually have luck wiping it off and putting it back on, but if it is happening more and more often and the sensor is older than 7 days I will pull it.

If it lasts longer than three hours Dexcom will replace it - I usually hate waiting the three hours out though, I've gotten too used to the graph and living without it, even for a few hours isn't my favorite thing to do.

Maybe if you're getting it all the time, with more than one sensor you could call customer service and see what they have to say.

13. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

NZMS , who are the New Zealand carriers of Dexcom, do replace our really bad sensors but we are hiring one of their transmitters and they say it is fine.. receiver says the transmitter battery is OK....

14. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

My transmitters have always said "OK" too, but if it is over the six months and I am getting the ??? I go ahead and replace it, I don't know how it works there but our insurance pays for us to have a replacement every six months so I order when the six month mark hits whether I need one or not, I figure it's always better to have one on hand just in case if I can.

15. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We pay out-of-pocket for all Dexcom supplies. A receiver is $999.00, Transmitter $950.00 and a box of sensors is $506.00.
    Because I can hire a transmitter for $95 a month, I figured I could get 10 months of warrantied Transmitter for the price of buying one. I know I may get more than that out of a bought one but I may only get 6 months as well. It seemed a better deal to hire although with all the problems we have with ??? Rachel is getting more and more ansty about wearing it with all the mucking around.. :(

16. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Need to try this. Our ??? is usually after swimming. Surprised I've glossed over this approach. Thanks.

17. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

But how do you reattach the transmitter without the lever? Isn't the lever needed to snap it back in place?

18. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Nope! Fingernails work just fine! You pull the tabs on the sensor out slightly and sort of wedge the transmitter in one side at a time. We do it from time to time without a problem.

I had never heard that dehydration might cause ???s. I'll have to try having K drink some water next time it happens for no good reason.

19. Ali

Ali Approved members

I have heard that with any CGMS device drinking fluids helps for better accuracy.

20. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

If you keep the little lever that clicks the transmitter into the sensor you can actually reattach it. I have Dexcom on our other daughter now and it will be interesting to see if it lasts longer for her... She hasn't been keen before now.