- advertisement -

Dexcom Transmitter low battery warning

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Shopgirl2091, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

Our Dexcom just gave me the low battery warning for the transmitter and I just put the new one in last night! Has anyone had a transmitter die that fast? Customer Support seemed kind of surprised, and I was too, I kind of expected it to last longer than 24 hours.

They are sending me a new one, so I'm not too concerned but I just can't believe it would die that fast when it was brand new and hadn't been taken out of the box until last night. Oh well :)

2. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

The only thing I can think of is whether or not your new one had been removed somehow from the tray a while back and you didn't know. Once it gets removed from the tray, the battery starts, even if it is not being used. Other than that, no idea!!!

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

you did change the transmitter ID # on the receiver, right?

It does seem surprising to me? How long had it been on the shelf in the box at your house?

4. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

Oooooooh good question! :)

5. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

Yes, I did change the transmitter ID on the receiver, it was weird because I just received it last month and it said on the box that it was made in May. Oh well, at least they're sending me a new one, I just thought it was really weird.

I had to pull it pretty hard to remove it from the box, so I'm pretty sure it hadn't been taken out before, just strange.

6. Joa

Joa Approved members

Mmmh, there are very ordinary coin cells inside the transmitter. Sometimes one of them has a failure, e.g. is short circuided inside or something else is wrong.

Let's say ... s_it happens. [​IMG]

Regards
    Joa

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I recently had a transmitter die three weeks after it arrived in our house. Our previous transmitter died four months after it arrived in our house. I don't know if they're having quality control issues or what.

FYI, our first transmitter lasted 2.5 days after it gave the low battery warning. They overnighted the second transmitter to us, so I don't know how long it would have lasted, but it did at least give us 24 hours.