- advertisement -

DexCom Studio

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dan, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Dan

Dan Approved members

Not sure if everyone was aware but DexCom came out with a new interface for downloading our CGM readings. The new software is called DexCom Studio and can be downloaded by clicking here.

I have not played with it much but from what I can see it has most of the same reports as before just a better user interface. There is one new report called Patterns that can also help identify trends that I found useful. You can use this with your Seven+ Data

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Anyone know if this works on a Mac too?

3. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

I believe I read that it still requires download of a Windows OS. Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

4. Dan

Dan Approved members

I read that it currently does not work on Mac.

5. mocha

mocha Approved members

They got rid of the smiley faces on the success report! :(

6. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I hadn't realized it was for the 7+. Thanks for posting.

7. Dan

Dan Approved members

I have been using it a few days now...

I really like the new Patterns view. It allows you to see all your statistics in the bottom right corner. Additionally this view helps you to see patterns beneath your plotted BGs in Yellow for highs and Red for lows.

Another neat feature on the same view is you can change the data to be summarized for 1 day or any amount of days you would like. It also has a nice 30, 60, and 90 option. When I used more that one day I was only looking at the statistics and the Yellow and Red areas underneath the plotted values. For more than a few days looking at the plotted values is worthless.

All the views have a nice Scroll bar at the top of the view so you can change from day to day. I remember this was a pain with the old software. You can also export all the reports to a word document so you can forward to your Endo.

Another neat feature is when you go to download your data. Today I plugged in my 7+ and started to look for the button that I needed to push to download. After not finding out how to do it I noticed that the data downloaded on its own. I was told by the DexCom rep that with the G4 this happens in approx 5 seconds. Much faster than the old system.

After using this for a few more days I will give it an A+

8. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Thanks for posting this info. I used it today and really liked it as well. I was able to find one pattern easily.

9. TheFormerLantusFiend

I guess I'm odd one out. I downloaded it and I don't like it.
    It doesn't let me click on the columns in the daily stats thing to sort by different things, and on the home pattern page it says there are no patterns and that I have no highs or lows. :confused:
    I hope I can upload the G4 into the old DM3.

10. Dan

Dan Approved members

Yea they took the ability to click on the header of the Daily Stats view out of the new software. I did not notice that before. Although I did not use that feature much on the old version.

How many days do you have selected on the pattern view? You need a min of 3 days to see any patterns.

11. TheFormerLantusFiend

I just checked. I have it at 12 days. And it sees no patterns. Also it claims in the patterns section that I have no daytime lows or highs, despite down below saying that I spend 12% of the time high.

12. Dan

Dan Approved members

From what I can see from my data, you need to have 3 days with either a low or a high within a 30-40 min of themselves. I am also not 100% sure how it works. I do plan on calling customer device later today to get some details.

With my data I do see the patterns not sure why you are not seeing them.

13. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Does anyone using the Vibe know how downloading CGMS and pump data works with this software? Do you download all pump info to the Dexcom software? Or pump software? And is pump info (dosing, ezbg entries, corrections etc.) integrated into the Dexcom data?

I'm as excited to have all relevant info available in one place as I am for the integrated pump.

14. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We have Vibe but can't afford the CGMS stuff. If you like to send me some I'll try it out for you :D

15. Jordansmom

I answered my own question by downloading the Vibe manual. It says you download pump and cgms to Diasend.

One thing that confused me is that the manual definitely says you still have to dial up the dose from 0.00u to the suggested dose. With pictures of the bolus screen.

Say it isn't so Vibe users.:(

ETA: I love the CGMS screen with BG, rate of rise or fall arrows, and IOB. And I guess this is not news at this point, but there is definitely no ??? alarm in the users manual.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  16. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Below the suggested ?Total? amount is the bolus amount entry field where you can choose to deliver
    the suggested amount or adjust the amount as needed. This field will display 0.00U, and will be
    highlighted and flashing.
    Press the button once to change the amount to match the suggested bolus
    amount.
    Then use the / buttons to adjust the amount if necessary. When
    you have the desired delivery amount displayed, press G0 - so YES it does jump to the recommended bolus but you change it if you want too.. .:D

17. Jordansmom

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. :) I definitely wasn't reading it clearly myself at 2 AM. It's right there.