- advertisement -

Dexcom Share ?s

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nebby3, Aug 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

We finally got the new Dex with Share! This is big for us cause we get no reception in our house at night which made Dex pretty much useless overnight. I do have a couple of ?s though. Sometimes my dd's ipod does not transmit the #s and we have to reopen the share app for it to do so. Is this normal? Is there anyway to get it to keep sharing without having to do this?

Also how do others set the low and high alerts on the follower app? It seems like it can only alert if they have been above or below a certain # for some # of minutes, right? So what do you choose? Just curious as I am not sure what will work best for us at this point. Her alerts in Dex itself are set at 90 and 160 because I am trying to pre proactive and catch things before they get out of control either way.
    TIA

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I asked my daughter your question about the Share app and got an "I have no idea" response. I know nothing about the Share app since I use the Follow App.

You can set the alarms however you like. The Follow App will alarm immediately if you have it set that way, without first having a vibrate like the receiver. Most of the time I have it set similarly (same) to the receiver so that I'm not hearing two different alarms at night for more awakenings. I'll also do things like readjust the high setting to trigger a high alarm at bedtime to give me 2 or 3 hours of sleep before checking her again. These days I'm starting to try to teach my teen my tricks for maximizing sleep with noisy devices.

When she went away by herself for a week, her low alarm was set at 100 and mine was set at 80. Her high alarm was set for 200 (?) and mine was set to alarm when she'd been at or above 250 for over two hours. I called her six out of the eight nights because she was sleeping through the cgm, mostly for highs but once for a low. I was glad that we had the buffer for me to try her multiple times before trying to get an adult to wake her. One night, it took 16 attempts before she awoke, but we never had to ask anyone outside to intervene.