- advertisement -

Dexcom Share question - lost data

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I'm getting a lot of "No Data" errors. But, its not a result of ??? or disconnected on the part of my daughter. Her receiver is getting readings and her Share is getting readings, my follow just isn't.

What could be the problem - she's using an iPhone 5 with a new SIM card but connected through WiFi. Could it be a bad wifi connection? I'd rather her use WiFi as much as possible because it cuts down on data use but I can turn off the WiFi if I have to (I've told her to not use any apps or anything right now on that phone until I see how data usage is). Other ideas on why I'm not getting data? Earlier today I was getting a "No Data" error but hubby had data just fine.

Ideas?

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

if the receiver is getting readings:

make sure share phone is close to recever

put the Share phone into and out of airplane mode (this resets all wireless connections on the phone)
    make sure Share is green all the way through

put the Follow phone into and out of airplane mode (this resets all wireless connections on the phobe)
    try to browse to any website on the Follow phone to make sure the internet connection works

The next dot on the receiver should make it to the Follow phone

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

We've had some unexplainable No Data situations. I guess it could be a server problem.

4. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

This has happened to me too so I called. The folks at Dexcom told me that the No Data on my end (when my dd has the receiver is reading the sensor data and the iPod shows a happy GlucoMonster ) can occur if I have less than 3 bars on my iPhone.
    Know I try to make sure my phone is wherever I can get the strongest possible signal in the room.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Happened to us quite a lot until we realized that the kid was clearing her apps all at once and shutting dexcom off along with everything else.