- advertisement -

Dexcom Sensor Expiration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swellman, Jul 1, 2011.

1. swellman

swellman Approved members

I just found out, the hard way, that the Dexcom sensors have only an 8 month expiry so I have a full box of 4 with 05/2011 and a few with 07/2011. Has anyone used their sensors outside of expiration and, if so, what have been your experiences?

2. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

I have used a lot of expired Dexcom sensors I never have had an issue with them.
    Wendy

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

Thanks. I guess I'll give them a shot. It was my fault for pulling from the most recent shipment.

4. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

I make a point of always putting new D stuff, (strips, sensors, pods etc) behind older stuff in our D storage drawers and always take from the front. I also make sure that newer insulin gets put behind older insulin in the fridge so our stock is permanently rotated.

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I rotate too, but J gets enough wear out of his Dex sensors that he is currently wearing one that expires today and we have at least one more left that expires today too. I plan to use it anyway.