- advertisement -

DexCom question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Emily2015, May 29, 2016.

1. Emily2015

Emily2015 Approved members

Hello,

For those of you who use DexCom CGM, do you have any problems with it?

I am having problems with DexCom received constantly losing connection and me not seeing it on my iPhone app. It used to run perfectly well. It used to happen maybe once a week and it would take a minute to just reboot my receiver and connect again but now it keeps happening every hour. It makes no sense to even have it since the whole idea is that I have a 24/7 access to it when I am not with my baby...

My other problem is finding a spot for it. He is so tiny, and we figured that the best place for it is his tush, but he is scratching it now and the skin is raw red, I don't have time to let it heal...

Please advise!

Thank you

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Call it in. The receivers are fraught with problems. They should replace it. There are also excellent groups on Facebook where posting a question like this will get you a dozen responses and troubleshooting ideas within minutes. :)

3. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

Agree with jenm999 above....call it in and Dexcom will help with the technical problems.

For the skin rash, yes there are Facebook pages that are a great resource. For us, we had to experiment with different barriers before finding something that worked. If we put the Dexcom adhesive on bare skin, DS gets a flaming red rash within a day. Our current regimen is Cavilon followed by AllKare followed by SkinTac, leaving a small nickel-sized area in the center so the sensor wire stays "clean" and doesn't insert through any of the barriers. There are many things to try, you just might have to experiment a bit.

4. kail

kail Approved members

I don't know if this is relevant to you or not. We have the Dexcom G4 so my daughter has her receiver and an iphone with her and that allows us to get her data on our phones. This week she started at a new school and it has been a nightmare with problems due to bad cell phone signal at the school and so we switched to wifi but that drops off and on. Whenever the signal falters then we lose data and they seem to unpair also requiring someone to go and reset the connection on her phone. Very frustrating. Just some things to think about. Is your receiver still showing data and just not your phone or is it both as that will help determine your approach to trouble shoot