advertisement

Dexcom g5 with ipod touch or phone?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Natalie Reid, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Natalie Reid

Natalie Reid New Member

Hello,
    My 4 year old is going to preschool in September. I want her to share her dexcom with me while at school from her device to mine. What are you thoughts on using a ipod touch( wifi only)instead of phone with 4g? There is wifi at school, but wonder if I might have problems with it going out of wifi too often. It seems crazy to get her a phone with a plan at 4 years old since she won't be using it for anything other than her blood sugar, but I want her to be safe.

2. ChrisDadT1

ChrisDadT1 Approved members

Sorry no ones answered you yet. I've never tried an IPOD touch, so I don't know if it would be good enough. Your concerns that the wifi may go in and out are valid. My advice is to just get her a phone - it's worth the extra cost for peace of mind.

3. Eric's mom

Eric's mom Approved members

We use the ipod touch at home even though he has a phone. It's always connected and we have great wifi. I'd check with the school and test it out. You can get the follow app and get alarms when there is no data. A good thing about the ipod is we bluetooth a speaker to it so it will wake him up at night while he's out of the country.

4. Natalie Reid

Natalie Reid New Member

Thank you both. I Am leaning towards getting her an iphone, just for piece of mind. Crazy at 4 years old. But I am nervous about the schools wifi. It works in all classrooms, but spotty on the playground.