- advertisement -

Dexcom G4 Cases?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dad of Daughters, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Wondering if anyone has come up with with a good alternative to the heavy leather snap down jobby that came with. With vastly increased range has come less need to strap G4 on to DD at all times. However, we still don't trust her to carry it around free hand to gym/recess/lunch. Heck, my wife wouldn't even trust me to carry it around and I'm 33 years old. :D Thanks for sharing any good finds...

2. sheeboo

sheeboo Approved members

3. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

We bought this from Best Buy. It fits like a glove and is made of neoprene. She can still put it in her pocket but it is protected against falls.

It's called Riot Outfitters walkman case, it's an armband, but I just cut the band off.

http://www.riotoutfitters.com/sony-walkman-armband/

4. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

For the life of me, I couldn't strap the case that came with the Dexcom onto his waistband, it's so tight and won't budge open. I bought a bunch of different cases and wouldn't you know what his favorite one is?!? A flip phone cell case that I got from the $1 store!

5. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

I should have mentioned, I'm looking for something with a belt clip too. Grandma makes elastic covered waist bands and pump pouches to thread on to them. In the past we'd just clipped the old standard issue Dex case to the band, though we were never really fond of it either. A cross body purse might work for her too. I'm sure we'll come up with something, finding out that as DD gets older, fashion is becoming more of an issue. :) Thanks for the ideas so far.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I would take her to the mall and stop at one of those cell phone case kiosks and let her look around if she does not find one that she like you can atleast fiind out which stlye and what size works. You clould also try those accessory stores like Claires or the icing. I think it will be easier to find one for this new shape of dexcom.

I have the 7+ still abd I have found cute leopard soft camera cases that have either the wristlet or th long across the body leash. You could also have grandama easily sewn belt loops to the back.