- advertisement -

Dexcom G4 Case

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3sons, Apr 20, 2013.

1. momof3sons

momof3sons Approved members

My son started the Dexcom 4 yesterday. What an amazing piece of technology. The accuracy is so impressive!

I apologize for asking a question that has been asked before, but I am hoping for more results :). I am looking for a Dex G4 case for a teenage boy. I want some protection and waist clip options.

Thanks

2. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

he doesn't like the case that came with it? It sort of fits the bill (even though it's a bit old man / cell phone-ish).

4. momof3sons

momof3sons Approved members

Chuckling here...I thought the same thing...a bit "old man." :) It is decent, but sort of stiff. Just wanted some options.

5. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

We bought a tally gear case for Jared's g4 then because it doesn't slide easily in and out of his tally gear tummy tote he won't use it. Used it one day. So if anyone is wanting a green camo one we have a practically brand new one. Would like to recoup some of the cost but will sell at a loss. Pm me.

6. Mish

Mish Approved members

I know. Mine does actually wear it though. He has to wear pants with a belt every day, so it just works for him. But we just leave it in the case all the time and it's saved it during a few drops. It's just nice that you don't even have to remove it from your belt in order to see it or clear an alarm. he has to wear his shirt tucked in at school, so pump packs are out.

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

He doesn't actually need to wear it. He can just put it in his kit. The reception is great.

8. BaltoMom

BaltoMom Approved members

We just got the G4 yesterday after having the Seven Plus. My son wears his Dexcom and his pump in a Spibelt, but I really like having a silicone cover for both devices as a little added protection. Doing a little googling, I found this link on the tudiabetes site which says that others have found that the cases for the Insignia Pilot mp3 player fit reasonably well.
    http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/dexcomusers/forum/topics/is-a-2nd-generation-ipod-case-compatible-with-g4
    It's a little hard to see in their pictures how misaligned the wheel part is, but maybe with an exacto knife, it might be cut a little? I'm not sure, but I figure I'll give it a try since the case is pretty cheap on Amazon.