- advertisement -

DexCom G4 Button Popped Off

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Dan, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Dan

Dan Approved members

Not sure if this has happened to anyone yet. Last Saturday I was at the baseball field with my son and I had his G4 receiver in my pocket with my cell phone. When I reached in I was shocked when I noticed that the buttons had fallen off. Later my son told me that he had dropped it on the carpet in our house and that he popped it back in place. My floor has a hard surface with a throw rug so not supper soft. However, I would have expected this to be a little more durable.

The funny thing was at dinner tonight he said that he liked the 7+ better. Remember he is only 9. When I asked him why he said "The 7+ is more durable and that never happened when I dropped it but the G4 is more accurate." I had to laugh.

Anyway I called DexCom and they are sending me a replacement over night today. The rep did ask me if I dropped it but at the time I was unaware so I said no. He said "either way it is still under warranty and should not break with a small drop."

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes this happened to us. Almost impossible to snap button back in. It appears snapped in but it will just fall out when turned over. First person I talked too said could not be replaced. Called back and got a second person that shipped us a new one. I feel 7+ was less fragile.
    I like the new screen and range though on the G4.

3. Olivia'sDad

Olivia'sDad Approved members

Happened to us also, free replacement sent right out.

4. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

Happened to us as well.