- advertisement -

Dexcom Error 121?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Just got Err121 call tech support. Ever see this? I don't have time to call Dex now, but was hoping someone might have insight. I've googled and gone through manual. Nothing on it.

2. njswede

njswede Approved members

It most likely means that it failed some internal self test. The first thing they'll tell you to do is a full reset, which can be done by inserting a paper clip in the small hole on the back of the device and apply light pressure. Try it! It may save you a call to tech support.

3. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

I would call tech support anyway cause then they'll have it on record you got the error once and if you get it again they'll ship you a new one. Once we got an error we had complete failure within a week.

4. Beach bum

Will try the paper clip. Forgot about that!
    I have an old receiver that still is working, so I'm charging it just in case.

5. Beach bum

Nope to the hard reboot.

6. Beach bum

Malware alert.
    New receiver on it's way, unfortunately won't arrive until Tues. Not the end of the world, but wanted to get her back on CGM before going to school and starting up dance again. Oh well.

7. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Beach bum, aren't you in the Boston area? You are welcome to use our old non-Share receiver. Let me know if you want to meet up tomorrow.

8. Beach bum

Yes, I am 45 minutes from Boston. Many thanks! We actually have a non-share receiver left over from Abby, but I don't have the time to devote to the upgrades right now. It will be here Tuesday, so it's not too bad, not ideal, but not the end of the world. Luckily, Maddy is still honeymooning, so her numbers are generally pretty steady. Plus, she doesn't mind the break!

9. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

We had that this week too! They are replacing the receiver overnight. Will get it today.

10. Beach bum

Ours too. FYI I got the Fedex alert and it said no signature required.