- advertisement -

Dexcom Earnings Conference Call

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by maddiesdad, Nov 8, 2010.

1. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

Lots of info in here: http://seekingalpha.com/article/235...results-earnings-call-transcript?source=yahoo

Basically, it sounds like FDA regulation is all screwed up and the combo of dexcom 7 + insulet may not happen due to the fact that it is taking so long to get approved and the FDA now wants new info. Dexcom/Insulet have no agreement for "future technology." -- The 4th generation sensor, so this may never happen.

There are also comments about a smaller/better range color receiver for their next gen...

2. Belinda

Belinda Approved members

Thanks for the information. It was an interesting read. Especially since my Animas rep tells me that the intergrated pump will be available Q1.. not..

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Ai-yi-yi.

Well, this does not bode well for ANY new technology getting into the hands of the consumer quickly.

4. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

5. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Interesting. :cwds: Thanks for posting.

I noticed pediatric approval is still in limbo. Not sure how big of an effect it is. :confused: Since I know alot of kids are using off label anyway. They did say they were shoring up adult clinical trial's and approval first, taking a wait and see approach on the ped trials.

I was hoping they would talk more about manufacturing and how the FDA came down on them for a bit along with how they fixed the problems. :( If I read right some component's (or all) is going over to China. I am still contemplating my opinion on that. We used Omnipod after they started getting China manufactured pods without issue. Personally my family was of a different mind-set at the time so I will hold my opinion and wait to see if reliability and manufacturing problems will be fixed with the change over.

6. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

The Pediatric approval wasn't mentoned on this call that I noticed. In prior calls Dex said tehy were looking to the gen4 product to take for ped. approval.

There was commentary on the FDA letter but it wasn't the focus of the call that is for sure. Part of gen4 if streamlined manufacturing processes as I recall.