- advertisement -

Dexcom and Carelink reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yellow Tulip, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Hi there - I have a question for those who regularly download and analyze Dexcom and Carelink reports. Is there any way to combine the data? I would love to see the sensor graph as it relates to boluses and the basal curve. I try to enter boluses and carbs as events in Dex, but I don't always remember to do that, and when my son is away from me, I don't ask him to do that - don't want to add yet another thing for him to remember. I loved the integrated reports in Carelink, back when we were on the Medtronic cgm, and I would love to be able to get something similar now. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

Unfortunately, no. It's something I miss, as well.

Someone said siDiary does it, but while I used to like the program, I just can't get it to function properly now.

What I've started doing is leaving the dex at 0.00 for insulin / carbs and just hitting "event" without actual values. That way, at least it's marked on the dex report so I can see where he ate. The only time I change it is if we do a carb for a low, or a correction for a high. I realized that those really were the only times I cared about actual amounts. I just go back after school and add anything in that he's done during the day. You can go back in time to add events. :)

3. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Thanks for your response. Like you, I was going in after school and filling in the missing info, but often things were just too busy to do that. I can't do this on the regular basis. I wonder if maybe by exporting both reports into Excel I could come up with some sort of cross-referencing the data... Although that wouldn't help with the reports in either dex or carelink - I'd have to create my own reports... Bummer. It would be so nice to have a complete picture.

4. Joa

Joa Approved members

Hello,
    Even if the question is aged ... the answer is "yes" their are at least two programs offering this possibility.

In alphabetic order:

Diabass by Mediaspecs
    and
    SiDiary by Sinovo

Regards
    Joa

5. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

I didn't see OmniPod for diabass but I did with sidiary. So I can upload both my Dexcom G4 data and overlay all of my OmniPod data to view on one graph/report? If so, that would be terrific. I was contemplating hiring a developer to do this for me. Thanks for sharing. I will read further.

6. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I must be dim because I installed the SiDiary and I can't get it to work. It's asking me for data but it's saying it doesn't see anything on the CGM.