advertisement

Dexcom- alarm to vibrate bed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Eric's mom, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Eric's mom

Eric's mom Approved members

Does anyone use a shake awake or similar alarm type clock that will vibrate the bed with the dexcom alarms? He is going out of the country for a month and need to make sure his dexcom alarm will wake him. We are currently attaching an ipod to a blue tooth speaker, but it's not waking him.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter was away for seven weeks last summer, and she said the best thing that woke her was having the receiver against her body. She would sleep through the alarms but not the vibration. We have a new receiver ordered in hopes it's effective again this summer and next fall.

Could he wear the receiver in a spibelt?

3. Eric's mom

He has the Tslim pump and the G5. His phone is the receiver and his pump is secondary receiver. We use the ipod because he will put his phone and pump on silent at school. (yes we have many devices, I have the follow app too) I can't rely on him to take off the vibrate every day, I know he will forget. I was hoping to blue tooth the ipod follow app to use a vibrate alarm to put under his pillow to wake him. Don't want to wake the host family unless it's an emergency. I wonder what couples do, both get woke up by the alarms? I may get the shaker alarm to get him up at 2am daily to check for my piece of mind.

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Couples....we were with a group of adults with T1D, and the guys were saying that the Dexcom alarm that wakes them best is the one that whaps them with a pillow or shoves them out of bed. :rolleyes: Apparently sleeping through alarms doesn't end with teenhood!

5. Eric's mom

The solution was to get a bluetooth speaker that does not auto shut off, connect to the ipod and now he has a really loud alarm next to or on his bed. We can also facetime call him and that wakes him. He's bad about putting his phone on vibrate so the alarms and calls are not heard while sleeping. So this solution has worked great. He's been gone two weeks and I have not lost my mind, so that's a success!