advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deorating Omnipod ideas???

Discussion in 'Stickies' started by ibusse13, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ibusse13

ibusse13 Approved members

My 12 year old daughter is going to be going on the Omnipod next month. She is a little artist and wants bling her pods up. Does any one have any suggestions, tips, ideas, photos, and advice of what not to use on decorating pods that they would share?

2. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Mine just uses sharpies when she wants to decorate them. Occasionally printed duct tape. She wears hers on the backs of her arms so her friends often write on them since she can't reach. Things like "quit staring it's an insulin pump" :)

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

My daughter found a video on YouTube (I swear sometimes that I've learned more on YouTube than I did in college and post-grad!) I'll try to find it and post a link. This technique is actually intended for fingernails, but it work just fine on Pods.

Get 3 or 4 different (obnoxiously bright) colors of nail polish. The nail polish can be of the cheap variety, but it needs to be pretty new. Fill a shallow container slightly bigger than a Pod with water. Drip a few drops of each color of nail polish into the water. Swirl the nail polish around with a toothpick. Then dip the top of the Pod into the swirly colors. Voila! Definitely watch the video because my explanation might be lacking. (You don't need to do the taping step or the painting with white nail polish first step.) Just don't dip the Pod too deeply into the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9A_9FH7e-A

4. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

I've heard that you can use Jamberry Nail Wraps. But I haven't tried it.

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members