- advertisement -

Deciding on a pump

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Showers, May 27, 2010.

1. Showers

Showers New Member

I was recently diagnosed with type 1 in January after being misdiagnosed with type 2 for 7 years. I'm currently looking for a pump. I'm thinking the Animas would be a good one for me. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about what to look for in a pump? Also, do I need to purchase a belt holder separately for the pump? I noticed in the pictures they didn't have one attached to the pump.

2. smithf1

smithf1 Approved members

pump

I haven't been on this site in a while, so I just read your post from several weeks ago. If you have selected a pump, congratulations. I'm sure that any pump you choose will be an excellent experience.

As of yesterday I have been pumping 1 year! I use the Minimed Paradigm 522. I love it. I think the best thing about the pump for me has been being able to give fractions of a unit of insulin. I use a very small amount of insulin.

Good luck!

3. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We just got our Ping and it comes with a clip you can use to hold the pump to pants. I also have a couple of spi belts and a pouch someone here graciously sent me :) I made a couple of belt bands with an ace bandage too :) DS has sensitivity issues so I want to make sure he has plenty of options. We'll see which he likes best....

4. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

I have a Medtronic Revel with CGM transmitter. Both work well for me and my A1c has improved dramtically with them.

5. amccrazgrl

amccrazgrl New Member

Make sure you check out all the pumps before you decide.