- advertisement -

Deanna is loving the OmniPod!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Deannas mom, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

We started on the Pod yesterday afternoon (around 6ish)...3-1/2 hours in the Pod failed..:rolleyes: but no biggy, we put on another one and its been wonderful since..she had lows most of the night, I did a 25% basal reduction and by 4 am she was good...her numbers have been very good all day except for a dinner spike...she loves being tubless..:p we are still learning the system, its a bit different than the MM..but in time we will have it down pat...we will need to do a pod change sometime tomorrow, probably mid morning..we wont get 3 days out of a pod being that she uses a little over 100 units in 24 hours..but she did her own pod change with no problem at all....so far we are happy.:D

ohh and I had to change my signature..lol..

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

That is great Barb, I know she will love it! :)

3. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

I can imagine "no tubing" is a positive difference for her. I know that Kathy would hate to have anything like tubing or even having to carry around the pump. I can barely get her to keep her Dexcom on her. She keeps the PDM in a small bag in her backpack during school and at home it just sits in the kitchen. Only gets it out when she needs it.

We love the Omnipod too - glad she is enjoying it so far!

4. Deannas mom

we got nearly two full days out of the first pod...Deanna uses a little more than 100 units a day, she just did a pod change and used her upper arm this time...while at school she will carry the PDM in her pocket as well as her lancet and some test strips...

5. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

I am so happy for Deanna, Barb :)

6. Deannas mom

Hey Marisa!

Deanna is so in love with the whole "no tubing" thing, she said it feels almost like she is not on a pump at all..I almost cried!

7. Gdad

Gdad Approved members

That's wonderful- I'm glad she likes it. I know my daughter loves hers.