- advertisement -

Deal - NovoPen Echo quick question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Deal, I sent you a PM, but incase you don't see it......does the NovoPen Echo take the same Novolog cartridges as the NovoPen Jr.? I have a friend that could get me one, but I don't want to waste her time if it does not use the same insulin cartridges.

Thank you so much!!

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

Yes, 100% compatible with consumables. Tips and cartridges. If you can get one, go for it!

Just today I went into a second large distributor in Canada and they didn't carry the pens at all, just the consumables. I'm not sure where/how you go about buying them. I got ours via our endo appointment.

3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Oh that's good news, thank you!!!

I completely forgot that my friend who lives in British Columbia works in the diabetes center in the hospital. She wanted me to make sure the pen accepts our cartridges before she asked the nurse. Fingers crossed that I can get one.

Now I'll track down a friend in the UK to get my hands on the Accu-Check Avia Expert Meter and I'll be all set :D

Thank you again!!!

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I'm jealous, Lisa! Campbell really wants an Echo.

5. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Heather, I'm sorry it's not available in the US! Novo Nordisk in Princeton, NJ e-mailed me and said they are not releasing it in the US :confused: I know many MDI'ers would really find it quite useful.