- advertisement -

Deal - are you around? NovoPen Echo question, please

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, May 1, 2012.

1. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Yeah! We got our NovoPen Echo from Canada last week, it's terrific and very easy for my DS to use.

Is it your understanding that once the battery that displays the units dies, the whole pen needs to be replaced??

I have to fill out the warranty/registration card. I called the info # in Mississauga and they will not service it in the U.S. I can use my husband's aunt address in Thornhill, Ontario and then she can ship it to me; geez such a process!

I'm treating it like gold; nervous that I will drop it knowing how hard it was for me to get :p

Thanks!

2. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Sorry--totally can't help answer your question, but I was excited to see where your aunt lives, as I'm from Thornhill, too! I'm living in CT at the moment, so it is exciting to see any reference to home!:D

3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Small world Caroline!!
    My parents live in Oxford, CT -- are you by them :p

4. Deal

Deal Approved members

I had a look at the instructions that come with the pen and it is true that the battery cannot be replaced. Planned redundancy I guess. It is stated that the battery requirement is only for the display and you can still use the pen after it dies but you won't be able to check how much insulin you last injected. I am not sure but imagine they will last a year or more as it is such a small display and auto turns off in a few seconds after activating.

Who knows what will be available in the US market by the time they expire. That may even be the reason they didn't/couldn't make them available in the US.

Don't worry too much about it. I bet we can find a way to replace yours if required.

5. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Thanks, Deal. I guess I'll see what happens at that time. The display is great on weekends when meal schedules are up in the air due to sports/activities. It has a much easier, smoother feel to it when injecting compared to our regular Novolog Jr pen; I'm happy with it and again thanks for your input.

6. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

It is a small world, indeed! We are in Wallingford, which is not too far away from Oxford (but then, CT is a pretty small state, so no place is too far away from any other!). We're making the trek up North on Tuesday--I'm dreading the drive, but looking forward to the visit!

7. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Safe travels Caroline!!