- advertisement -

DEA National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Christopher, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

On Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. State and local law enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will give the public another opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.

To find your local collection site, go to this website:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/...E383DEB_k5D609109-4747-BD09-AA83-B87EFA09F850

Bring your medications for disposal to one of the sites listed. The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.

Last September, Americans turned in 242,000 pounds (121 tons) of prescription drugs at nearly 4,100 sites operated by the DEA and more than 3,000 state and local law enforcement partners.

This initiative addresses a vital public safety and public health issue. Medicines that languish in home cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. In addition, Americans are now advised that their usual methods for disposing of unused medicines (flushing them down the toilet or throwing them in the trash) both pose potential safety and health hazards.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. L101418

L101418 Approved members

Thank you!

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

thanks.........

4. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

This is great. I have a whole bag of different meds I didn't know what to do with. Thanks

5. LJM

LJM Approved members

Thank you. DS got a huge bottle of pain killers after his knee surgery and I need to get rid of it (it should not be sitting around here).

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Thought I would bump this up since it takes place tomorrow....

7. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

They need to do this for more than just one day!