- advertisement -

D or No D Teen Boys Sleep Like Rocks

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Jun 27, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Ok so last night DS had a sleep over. I had three kids sleeping in the family room, DS and two friends.

So we move the Dex to a place where it will pick DS up, get the Share working and at around 1:00AM all three are sound asleep after however many games of Super Smash brothers.

I head upstairs, make sure Follow is picking up his numbers, plug in my phone and I conk out.

So the mistake I made is Follow alarm was set to 55 instead of 70 (I forgot to enable the Low alert...diabetes is the disease of the mundane). DS slowly passed through 70 (on his way to LOW...fingerstick said 52) and the Dex was beeping like crazy for at least an hour before he hit 55. My wifes Follow app on her ipad in the room next to the family room was beeping like crazy.

But we were asleep upstairs until he hit 55 and my phone woke me up, and i came downstairs to deal with it.

So here I have 3 teenage boys and enough beeping that it sounded like an intensive care unit in a hospital and NONE of them woke up!!!

I thought it was pretty funny.

2. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Approved members

Lol. They do sleep like the dead. I have to sit and watch Luke eat/drink and get stern with him. If I leave he puts it in the table - never really waking up.

3. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

That's funny. :)

My 13 year old used to be up before me when he was little (back when I could sleep in...a long time ago) but now I threaten to pull out the crowbar to pry him out of bed. :)