- advertisement -

D for 4 yrs exactly....and new dx....celiac...!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by chocoholicsc, Feb 27, 2012.

1. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry I don't post much anymore, but I still lurk often and read when I can. Christopher had his endo appt last week and they did the dreaded blood work. I don't have the lab report yet, but the doctor just called and said his TTG was over 100....:(. I'm so down and angry and scared, I just don't know how I will handle this on top of everything else...!:(:(:(

Thanks for letting me vent
    Candy

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm so sorry for your dx. My daughter has had D for eight years and was just dx with celiac last week. I'm finding lots of great GF stuff...so far our favorites are udi's bread and jule's flour. Hang in there (hugs)

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Hi Candy! Nice to see you, but I'm sorry that it comes with sad news. I'm sure you're heartbroken by this additional diagnosis. :( I can't do much but to offer gentle hugs and hope that the good people here have some great advice for you and Christopher as you adjust to this "new" new normal.

4. Chaser

Chaser Approved members

Hi Candy,

Chase's yearly blood work came back positive for Celiac as well. He is scheduled for his biopsy tomorrow.

5. chocoholicsc

Thank you! I am so sorry about your little girls' celiac diagnosis as well:cwds:

6. chocoholicsc

Hi Karla!!

Thanks, it's nice to be remembered, haha! I went to the bookstore tonight and then whole foods and plan to read a lot and try to get some answers to all of my many questions!
    I hope all is well with you and your little man!

7. chocoholicsc

Oh, I am so sorry! I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow and hoping all goes well! I am wondering if you struggled with the decision to do the biopsy at all? It was presented to me like it might be unnecessary...?

Good luck tomorrow!

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Sorry to hear about the possibility of Celiac. There have been a lot of celiac dx lately. :(

There are defintely some good gluten free products out there now. I know it seems incredibly overwhelming right now but with time it'll be second nature just like diabetes is. That doesn't make it any easier, and its certaintly difficult for kids, but I bet you'll see some amazing differences once you go gluten free.

9. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Celiac stinks...but it is manageable. After 2 years of it now...we are pretty adjusted. Sometimes going out to eat is a problem, but there are places we can go & it is cheaper to eat at home:)

Visit the celiac section of the board & post any questions you may have. The older threads are helpful too.

kim

10. chocoholicsc

Thanks Kim! I have read through all of the older celiac threads and picked up a couple of books, haha!

:)Candy