- advertisement -

"D-day" - important??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KHS22, Dec 21, 2013.

1. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

I will always remember the date. It's just kind of stuck in my head.

I don't really celebrate it with my family but I do think about it. (It'll be 2 years in June so there is still time for traditions to form). I think this year I might go out for pizza with my friends. :)

It's a milestone.

ETA: The girl who did pump training with me and I also wish each other a happy D-day every year.

2. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

I remember the date (and I'm horrible with dates) only because it was Friday the 13th. I was never suspicious before that lol.

We've never celebrated, though I always remember it and sometimes dh does. The first couple of years were difficult but since I sometimes don't even remember until late in the day or the next.

However dd heard something about this and wants to have a celebration so we will. Need to figure out what since it's in a few weeks. Eight years.:eek:

3. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

I definitely remember the date, but its only been one year!
    We didn't do anything special on that day, and my daughter is only 5 so she obviously had no idea. I did want to do something for her for being such a good sport about everything so a few weeks ago (months after the actual anniversary) we had a day out where we went to see a show and dinner and it was really nice. But we didn't mention the reason we wanted to do it, just that we wanted to have a special day with her.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I think that's a really nice way to handle it with a younger child. :cwds:

5. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

We have never felt the need or desire to celebrate or even keep the dates in our heads for either one. I did mention to my son once that others did this, and he rolled his eyes and asked why? To each his own.

6. Debdebdebby13

Debdebdebby13 Approved members

We celebrate with a big dessert out. We had a giant slice of chocolate cake from Johnny Carino's on her first D-day and we went to Braums and ate sundaes for this year's D-day. We enjoy it and celebrate a year of successful management of D.

7. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

This ^^^^^