- advertisement -

CWD Day

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Rusty, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Rusty

Rusty Approved members

How cool would this be ? To have a National day of recognition or better yet a global day of recognition for Children with diabetes. A day to recognize the strength and courage of these children for what they must endure everyday to fight Diabetes.

2. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

It would be great! We've got "days" honoring every other thing; we definitely need a special day for our heroes! If you start a petition, I'll sign!

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Great idea!
    I think World Diabetes Day is a good thing, excepting the past focus on children hasn't really been that "evident", IMHO.

Plus, we could all wear CWD T-shirts:p

4. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I hate to be a downer, but average-joe believes that we have brought this on ourselves through our "lifestyle choices" and probably wouldn't be interested in honouring us who should just "eat healthier and get some exercise." No, theres people out there with "real" diseases and they are "so much worse off" than us lazy, unhealthy couch-potatoes :rolleyes: :(

5. Rusty

Rusty Approved members

To the previous poster, thats why it is so important to raise awareness and try to educate pepole about type 1 Diabetes.

6. momof1

momof1 Approved members

i think that is a wonderful idea. let me know what i can do to help. a lot of people don't understand this disease. we need to educate and help people understand. i didn't know anything about it until my daughter was diagnosed in january and i got a crash course. these children need recognition for all they endure in a day and the rest of their lives. great idea, count me in.

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I think its a great idea Rusty:D We should push for that while we raise awareness about type 1 diabetes and how it differs from type 2