- advertisement -

Cute bags??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Debdebdebby13, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Debdebdebby13

Debdebdebby13 Approved members

My 7 year old has been carrying a Skidaddle bag for the last two years but it has just about worn out. It's not a big deal, I feel like that is reasonable after day in day out abuse from an elementary school kid. We need to replace it but Skidaddle is not making any bags right now. Are there any other companies out there that make comparable bags that are cute and functional?

2. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Haven't bought any - but saw some cute ones on etsy the other day when I was poking around...

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

My daughter has two she likes. The first is a small Kipling bag that we got at Macy's. It has a large inside pouch and then two small outside zipper pouches. The other is a small backpack purse she got at Claires. They actually have a pretty good selection there, and pretty affordable (compared to Skiddadle).

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

My 9 year old also has a Kipling purse from Macys, it is rectangular with a flat bottom so it stands up. One zipper side has her meter and testing supplies and the othe zipper side a couple of juice boxes tabs and at the bottom a glucagon. She just switched to a purse over Christmas break but seems to be holding up

5. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

6. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Up until a few weeks ago, my daughter was using what sounds like the exact same Kipling bag as Beach Bum's daughter. But then her grandma went to the Vera Bradley outlet and brought her back a little purse and the Kipling bag was out and this bag was in! (Vera Bradley is very "in" here) I then went on ebay and bought her the matching zip ID case so that she could carry her dexcom in style as well. She loves it!

[​IMG]

7. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

8. BittysMom

Do you happen to know the name of that style bag? I like the long strap.

9. mamattorney

I'm not sure. I actually just went on the Vera Bradley website to check for you, but couldn't find it. I know her grandma got it at the Orlando outlet store - maybe Vera Bradley is like Coach, where they make some special bags just for the outlet?

10. BittysMom

Thanks for looking. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

11. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

During middle school I used these:

http://www.zappos.com/lesportsac-kasey-ships-ahoy

They were considered "cute" back then but things may have changed. I liked the outside pocket to keep a few rolls of smarties for lows. I think we kept a meter, extra pump site, glucagon, and candy in the main compartment.

12. skyleysmom

skyleysmom Approved members

13. skyleysmom

skyleysmom Approved members

Riley carried the Le Sport Sac bags too Meg :) I was obsessed with getting her cute bags once she "had" to carry them...

14. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Bumping this thread as I'm trying to find a good bag for my son with school right around the corner. Anyone have suggestions for a nice backpack or sling for a boy (but not camo for heaven's sake) that will fit the Dexcom nightscout rig, glucagon, backup infusion set, a test kit, maybe a snack, and a roll of glucose tabs? He will also be carrying a regular bag with his schoolwork and lunch so this would ideally fit inside that or maybe attach to it. He's 7 and about 4'4" tall. Thanks!

15. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

This one is more of a cross body nintendo bag and fairly big, lunchbox sized. and this one is a backpack style that is smaller but would hold everything you stated

16. mamattorney

Is this one too small? http://myabetic.com/Shop/Children-Supply-Cases/Champ-Sports-Locker-Diabetes-Supply-Case

17. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Thanks for the suggestions! I found a really cute Minecraft lunch box with a handle that we'll try, and also some mini backpacks in bright colors on Amazon. Thank goodness for free returns. :)