I posted awhile ago about our struggles with night time surges around 11pm. We had our appt with endo about a week ago and came home with a vial of Regular insulin to try in combination with her humalog at dinner to combat this rise. The first couple times I tried it I was so excited. Instead of a huge mountain shape on her dex screen overnight I had the most wonderful flat line. But it has been a bit tricky and I am still trying to fine tune. For the most part I have given it together with her humalog but we have been eating late recently so that seems ok. I generally prefer when she eats earlier-like 6 but then I think I will have to separate them since she doesn't start the night time surge until around 10:30 or 11. One day she had eaten a bit earlier and DH had already given her humalog so I gave the regular at bedtime. I have been trying to give meals that are very well balanced in fairly quick carbs and longer absorbing carbs. We end up with 2 peaks-one at 1.5 hours with the humalog and another at 3 hours for the regular. I am trying to tweak her ratios a bit because I have had to treat her a couple times when she dips too low at those peaks. One of our good nights she stayed at 100 all night long until around 5am when she started drifting down and I finally had to treat her. I started to lower the lantus thinking I needed to minimize any drop in the early morning hours so that I could keep her at a steady but overall lower number all night. I am trying to figure out how much humalog vs regular to give with each meal. So far I have tried half and half, slight more humalog and slightly more regular depending on the meal and I am not sure which worked best. Unfortunately she started running high the past few days. She has the tiniest bit of nasal congestion so I am guessing it is related to that but its frustrating. I don't think it could be all from lowering the lantus a bit but who knows. I am slowly creeping back up on that as well as giving alot of extra humalog right now. Anyway I just thought I would mention my current experiment and see if anyone had done anything similar on a regular basis and if you had any tips to making it work. Thanks!