- advertisement -

Cozmo users or ex-Cozmo user?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Apr 7, 2013.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I am wondering what are the features that you miss the most with that pump?

I hear that Tandem with the t:slim, has bought the patents/rights to the Cozmo systems.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I don't know if there is something specific you're looking for, but I'm not sure there are very many cozmo users left here. There have been quite a few older threads about making the transition and what former coz'ers were missing - you might find something here

http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/search.php?searchid=5279406

3. Traci

Traci Approved members

Former Cozmo user here. We switched to Omnipod four years ago when Cozmo announced they were getting out of pump business. Honestly, I can't even remember the features that swayed me to Cozmo, and I'd think that other pumps have probably incorporated the "really wanted" features by now.

There was something about the basals...different ways they could be set for weekends, I think. I liked the missed meal alerts and the different custom alarms, but I'd think most pumps have those now. I did not like the way it took meal bolus into account for IOB, and now Omnipod has gone there, too, so no advantage there. It will be interesting to see what others remember and to see if those things are now standard for all the other pumps.

4. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We started Cozmo in 2006 - when we pump shopped last year - NONE of the pumps we looked at in 2006 had changed much at all. Maybe Integration with CGMS, smaller basals/bolus increments, but the base pump was exactly the same - no new 'features' at all.. :(

My favourite Cozmo feature was the favourite food list.. We had 12 of Rachel's most eaten foods listed and she only needed to choose one to have its carbs and ratio etc pop up. She is a big noodle eater so if she clicked on "2MinNood"... she automatically got 55 carbs at a 60/40 split over 3.5 hours.. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

so you just had to select it and the bolus would start? that sounds great for cupcakes at school or alternative snacks onhand in the classroom.

Was it Cozmo that you could have different ISF's based upon BG?

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Cozmo has a setting where you can increase the correction by a percentage depending on what your BG is at.. You can also change ISF for each bolus IF you turn that setting on.
    the food setting came up like this: (wow thats big) so you could alter it as you went..
    [​IMG]

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

sigh... I miss our old coz. It was such an intuitive, transparent, easy going pump :cool:

8. owensmom

owensmom Approved members

Multiple basal profiles, attached cozmonitor, set change reminders, low battery warning that gave a decent amount of notice, choice in home screen display and more.

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

The software is outstanding really - so customisable - like being able to write in your own names for foods, settings, alerts etc

10. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I still have an in warranty cozmo, but I like the touch bolus a lot and will / would miss that feature.

11. Mish

Mish Approved members

I liked the site change reminder. I liked the basal rates that could change, automatically, based on day of the week. I liked being able to name those basal patterns with names like "gym day" or "weekend" - not pattern a/b. I liked being manually able to change the ISF/ratio during a bolus. I liked being able to look at the software during the day while on my computer with the pump no where in site, tweak things around and then when it was convenient, upload it to the pump. I also liked being able to easily go back to an old profile if the new one didn't work. I liked being able to name foods - we had a standard school lunch one that he just had to hit and it pulled the right bolus up. I missed the custom home screens where you could actually add in text. I missed the text alert notices that you could program on your own (and only on specific days).

What I didn't like was that the thing broke on us every time he dropped it.

12. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Everything that Mish said. My son is on the t slim now and the site change reminder is great to have back! We are loyal cozmo fans and the t slim fits the bill!

13. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

what insulin are you using in the tslim?

14. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

We use novolog.

15. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

You must be one of the very very last in warranty Cozmo users! Ours warranty expired in February, but we are hanging on until it bites the dust. Going with T-slim next. We liked Cozmo a LOT (he's been on it for over 8 years), but ready for something less bulky.

16. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Thanks, I have been hearing people having issues with Apidra, which is what we are on. I doubt that we would be able to "reuse" insulin cartiridges with this pump like we do with the Animas. Currently we fill a cartridge to 100units and take out and refill with insulin every 2-4 days.

17. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

tslim has something similar with either touch unit bolus that you set or touch carb bolus.

The animas has something to that effect but we have never used it, think it is an audio bolus set by units.

18. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

We agree too! And you can save and rename multiple basal patterns. Word is more Cozmo like things to come!

19. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

We used Apidra and it did cause issues. You can't reuse the cartridges with the t:slim. We swithed to Novolog and haven't had the issues we had with Apidra.