- advertisement -

Could use your help

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, May 26, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

As many of you know, I did my senior project on Type 1 Diabetes in the school setting- what are schools doing, what should they be doing according to the laws, and what could they be doing to make things easier for the student and family. I have done well over 20 hours of service and written an 11 page paper. The final piece is a "celebration night" where we show the public what we did and learned. We are allowed to have a tri-fold display stating the problem, cause and solution, laptop, and anything else you can fit on half a table. Part of my solution is education and that is where I need your help. I want to make a video about Diabetes. If you wouldn't mind me using pictures of you(with parental permission) post them or pm me. If there is anything you think should be in the video or if there is something you would like to share with people (I would love that) please let me know.
    Thanks guys!
    :) Rae

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I wish we could have done the video at my school, but the whole homebound thing messed it all up, and it just never happened, because I would have gladly let you use it if we had actually gotten to film it. :(:(:(:(

My suggestion is to do a "Day in the Life with Type 1 Diabetes" type video. Show people what we go through on a daily basis, from the moment we get up, to the minute before we go to bed. (and even 2am checks) You can totally use pictures to do this too...I will try and PM you some asap if I can get my camera usb cable working again. :cwds:

Good luck, Rae! :)

3. s0ccerfreak

Oh so a picture of me right now lol. I woke up at 1:50 tested... 39 :eek: I'm up to 77 after eating some interesting snacks.

Thats basically what I plan on doing. Explaining what Diabetes is and is not then going into our daily life. I might just make it as a powerpoint for now cuz that is a lot simpler for me, but eventually I'll get it up online

Thank you for the ideas and if you get your camer/usb cord to work that would be awesome!

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I can probably send you some D related pictures as well, let me know if you'd like any.

5. s0ccerfreak

that would be great emma- pm me and I can give you my email address.

6. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

What kind of pictures do you need?

Sounds like a great idea:cwds:

7. s0ccerfreak

Anything d or not d related it doesn't matter

8. Volleyball_Chick_15

Volleyball_Chick_15 Approved members

i love taking pictures!! haha i will take a pic of me with my insulin pump... will that work??

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I have some mass pics of dcamp :D. And some jdrf pics, would those be good?

10. s0ccerfreak

Yes to both of you

11. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

if you still need some, i have some of my girlfriends d bag, meter with low and high numbers, and infusion sets and such.

12. Volleyball_Chick_15

Volleyball_Chick_15 Approved members

i couldnt figue out how to pm the picture so i just posted it haha.

13. s0ccerfreak

Thanks to everyone who has sent me pictures. If you still have some I can use them, just pm me. Also check out my poll about Care Plans (504, IEP, IHP)

14. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members