- advertisement -

Cool new forum :)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by faithe113001, Nov 8, 2005.

1. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

Hey this is cool, Anyway,I don't know if there's any other teens here, but I'm here to talk to anybody!

faithe113001

2. punkinhead06

punkinhead06 Approved members

I agree. This is a great site for other teens like myself to come to for help with diabetes. I'm glad I found this site. Keep up the good work!

3. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

I'm a teen! ...18 and kinda "forced" to be an adult - but, I'm still a teen! heehee. Anyways. Yeah, I'd LOVE to talk to anyone!

:p Beth:D

4. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

ok, wadda ya wanna talk about?

5. Nana

Nana Approved members

hey

i am also 18 :) and I have diabetes for 5 years now... and a pump for 3 years :)
    And I also think this forum is cool :p

6. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Hey Nana! I've had diabetes for four years. And I'm set to be going on a pump in less than a month! How is it like? Any tips?

7. Nana

Nana Approved members

Well... I don't know... it is really great to have the pump, much better than injections. I really like that I can sleep till lunch on sundays and everything is ok with my blood sugar :) But it is necessary to monitor blood sugar regullarly.

I hope you will be as satisfied with the pump as I am. :)

8. samonique

samonique New Member

Hi i am monique and i am 16 years old . Ihave had diabetes for 5 years now . :rolleyes: . I absolutly love this site , as it is so informing . I live in joburg and do lots of sport , but i dont think that my doctor is right for me . Pls Can some one Advise me on a good doctor.
    Love me!:)

9. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

This is the first post on the teens forum. I wonder if anyone on this still comes here anymore...

10. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

The first poster and Nana were on yesterday. The third poster (munchkingirl) was last on in May. Everybody else hasn't been on since '06.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  11. Marc93

Marc93 New Member

Well can we get some proper chats going, cause i realy need my sanity back and i think it would be best to talk to others my age (15 by the way)

12. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

I remember these early days of the teen forum. Things kinda slowed down when Allison started dtt and I guess they picked up again when it was sold.
    Btw, munchkingirl is married now. I am pretty sure she posted that the is expecting a baby but I haven't heard from her in ages.
    Faithe comes on every now and then, but she doesn't post much I guess.

13. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

DTT is still around. Ever since there was a change in admins, it's been kind of slow. Allison left, then we had Jill and she left, and now we have Lindsey.:D

14. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah Lindsey's pretty cool. And that forum IS a lot slower than over here, for example, about 2 weeks ago or so I hit 1,000 posts---and I'm the first person to do that. Here a LOT of people have over that much, and haven't been here as long as I've been on DTT.

15. _brittanyy_

_brittanyy_ Approved members

hi =] my name's brittany. i've been handlin diabetes for 10 years this year :) i was 5 when i was diagnosed. back in the day, with R & N insulin lol. the weekend before kindergarden, actually lol. i'm not on a pump, i'm on the humalog & lantus. i love it. i was going to look into a pump, but then i decided against it. my teacher is getting one, so she is gonna tell me & show me hers when we go back to school. i'm excited & ready to learn a lot about it, incase the idea pops up in my mind again :)

16. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Heyy Brittany welcome to CWD:cwds::)
    I just started pumping about a week ago and I love it. It takes some getting used to, and getting everything set correctly is annoying b/c it takes awhile it semms, but I l like pumping. Just keep an open mind, I guess is all i can say!

17. _brittanyy_

Hi :) thanks! i went to the humalog & lantus around the end of june. i really love it, cuz its so easy! but, then again, i hafta fool with lows. ugh. not fun! especially since ima dancer. i take monday & tuesday nights. monday night is 2 classes, from 7:45-8:45;8:45-9:45. 1st hr is ballet, and 2nd is jazz(which is my fave!) anyways, every monday night, i always end up almost low or in the low 100s, which is great, but then when i get my shot, after waiting 30-45 minutes, i always drop to 50 something, even when i'm doing simple barre exercises. so, i have to miss my fave class. same for tuesday night. i have ballet, then tap, then jazz. i have to miss tap and jazz because of the same reason. i havent been able to attend a full class since day 1! its so hard to keep it right, and i'm beginning to wonder if i would do the same with a pump?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  18. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Yes I think you could do a full class with a pump. I think you could either a)suspend, but I'm not sure you want no insuin for that long OR b) sent a temp. basal (i think) so you get less insulin and avoid the low.

19. _brittanyy_

Last time i went to dance, i ate a subway sandwich with a bag of chips. my starting sugar was in the low 100s, and i didnt take any insulin for the class. i came out, and i was 170, or around there. we left it like that, and i took my lantus and i ended up bein perfect at breakfast :) for some reason, everytime i correct a high, i always drop. idk why. and its only at night. during the day im fine if i correct, but at night i drop real low

20. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

Almost second year.