- advertisement -

Cool light for night checks

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mrs Puff, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

I was in Walmart today and found a book light in the clearance aisle for $1.50. It has a clip on one end that you would normally attach to a book, but it can attach to your shirt. It has a flexible, wire that can be bent however you need, and at the end it has a very bright LED light that is about the size of a dime. Sadly, the batteries are those round kind that are expensive, but for $1.50 they can be thrown away. I am going back to walmart and I am going to get whatever they have left. Can you tell I am tired of trying to spot the tiny drop of blood on my ds finger in poor light when I do my late night checks?

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I swear by these for when we travel. It fits perfect into our d bag.
    For home, we use a little lantern that we got at Walmart, maybe $5.

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

My DH uses a headlight like you find in the camping section. It is stable and you can aim it right on the finger. It uses AAA batteries.

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

That's what we use too.

5. Noel

Noel Approved members

Us too....

DH use to do the exactly same thing...now we can just turn on Aidan's light, check him, kiss him goodnight and he never even wakes up.