- advertisement -

Contour Next Link Meter ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Noel, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Noel

Noel Approved members

Does anyone know if you can link more than one of the Contour Next Link meters to the MM Paradigm pump? Aidan just started using this meter and seems to really like it, I'm still unsure, but he likes that it sends the result right to his pump....he says it helps him remember to get insulin and helps him "stay on top of things". So I guess we'll give it a try.

The issue is when school starts, we will have to have a least 2 meters, one at home and one at school.

Any info is appreciated! TIA

2. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

Yes you can, I bought an extra meter and have them both linked...Daniel has only used the contour since he started pumping with MM - he likes that you can add blood and that it sends the number.

3. Noel

Noel Approved members

Yay! So happy to hear this, do you mind if I asked where you purchased the 2nd meter? Do you have to go through MM or can you get them someplace else?

4. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

We just met with a MM rep - he said that you can link up to three of them to one pump.

5. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

Yes I bought it from MM - I did have a rep who said it would have to come from Liberty but after some checking I ended up having to purchase from MM - insurance would not pay - it was $89 but worth it to me to have a spare

6. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

our insurance covered the 2nd one since the 1st one came as part of the pump package - otherwise the $90 is soo worth having a 2nd one around

7. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

In fact, you can link two different types/brands of meters. We got the new Contour next meter and left his old ultralink connected, too.

Ask your endo the best way to get another meter. Once we needed another Ultra Link meter and our dr. GAVE us one! I was super happy I didn't have to spend 90 bucks so he could have another to stay at school. Or if they don't have any, they can possibly do it through prescription so you don't have to pay the entire cost.

BTW, we love that the meter links with the pump. It makes a pretty big difference for our 11 year old (who wants to do as little as possible when it comes to D right now).