- advertisement -

Contour Next Link and CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cdninct, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

We have the Revel and the Guardian, but we have never used the OneTouch linked meter, so I am not really sure how the old meter worked or how similar it is to the new meter.

We just received the Contour Next Link meter, and I want to try it out (what can I say--I'm a sucker for a new d-toy!:p). My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to use the meter to automatically enter BGs into the pump without having the pump automatically use them for calibration? I am pretty picky about which readings I use for calibration (in range, level, and typically only 3x/day), so I don't want every 240 or rapidly falling 140 to muck up the CGM readings. At the same time, I'd love to have that info go straight to the pump.

2. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I haven't tried it with the new contour linked meter - but with the one touch linked - it asked him if he wanted to calibrate and he would just pick (I believe) yes or no. You could always try it once and see. I can't imagine they would change that option.

3. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

When you set up the meter with the pump there is a feature to choose to send all readings which we did and then when the pump gets the reading it asks if you want to update sensor and you can choose yes or no. We choose no at certain readings because we know he is rapidly changing and we will get cal errors
    I love the linking to the pump it makes me less step to us to do

4. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Thanks to you both. One more question: I like the idea of not having to touch the pump at all--otherwise I might as well just enter numbers in myself each time! So my question is, what happens if you set it up to ask you if you want to calibrate with the linked pump number and do not actually take the pump out to press yes or no? Will it time out eventually, or will it beep at you until you make a choice?

5. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

I believe it will time out eventually - but I have found at times that it will unlock the keypad so I need to relock the keypad so DS doesn't push the buttons and give him self a bolus when it is not needed.