- advertisement -

Continue the forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I've been watching the traffic in the forums for a while and it's way down.

If you regularly use this, please let me know. I'm considering closing down the forums for lack of use.

2. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

oh , no you cant close them...
    this is where we started..
    it would ne depressing to close them,
    how about advertising them to the newbies.
    these forums taught me so much !!

3. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Stacey, there aren't many new posts anymore. If the Forums are used, they will stay.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Please don’t close the forums down!

I suspect that use is low because many of our kids have become young adults who are independently managing their T1D. But, until there is a cure, there will always be new “generations” of parents of school-age children with T1D out there needing information and support through the life-changing challenge of diagnosis and treatment.

All I know is that I don’t know how I’d have dealt with my daughter’s diagnosis (at age 11) and her ongoing treatment (she’s almost 18 now) as well as I did without these forums.

As long as these forums exist, I will continuing checking in from time to time. I just don’t have as much to say these days. But the thought of these forums going away causes me to experience feelings of anticipatory loss and T1D loneliness.

I wish I had some concrete ideas on how to reach out to parents of the newly diagnosed.

Rose
    (Tikva’s Mother)