- advertisement -

Compression lows

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by sszyszkiewicz, Dec 5, 2014.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

I hope that by the time the Bionic pancreas arrives they will be able to do something about what I call "Compression lows". Basically DS rolls over on his sensor and the glucose trend steadily moves down. So for example just now he buzzed low. Dex said 68. Fingersticks were in the mid 90's.The kid likes to sleep on his tummy!! Compression low.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

The reason I am awake right now is because my oldest went from 120 to Low in 3 dots=15 minutes. Yup I went to her room and she was side sleeping on her sensor, honey roll over to this side please.

now back up the otherway to 110.

3. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

A few nights ago I was awakened by the alarm on Dex about every 15 minutes as she is a very active sleeper, rolling from side to side a lot. It would go just above where her low alarm was set, and then just below, and then just above, and then just below - over and over. I finally turned the stupid thing off. A finger stick showed her to be closer to 120 anyway. I naively thought I'd get more sleep once we got a CGM - getting less than ever at this point. At least I can go right back to sleep - DH isn't as lucky. Once he's awake, he takes a while to fall back asleep.