- advertisement -

Completely for fun...what's your favorite junk food?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by dqmomof3, Feb 16, 2009.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Sweet - load me up with double stuffed oreos (and a glass of milk, of course!)
    Salty - french fries (deep-fried, not baked!)

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oooh...oooh....oooh......drooolllll.. I will be buying that.

Technically, seeds and things are not supposed to bother people with diverticulitis - that's the latest research, it's more important to eat a high fiber diet, but I cannot eat popcorn without having an attack. I'm trying desperately not to have surgery, so I have been avoiding popcorn and every time I break down (like once ever 6 months) and even eat just a little bit I get into trouble. And then it's a round of nasty double antibiotics and a very tiny diet for a few weeks and I beg my doctor not to put me in the hospital. Sorry, tmi...I just love popcorn so much.

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

That's what I'm talking about! :D
    Me too!! Good thing we have crappy guacamole and avacados here in Ohio because I'm addicted and can't stop! I only eat great guacamole when in Mexico.

Sweet = ice cream with or without peanuts and ReadiWhip :D

4. frizzyrazzy

I actually find this quacamole mix in the market and find that it comes out quite acceptable. But, did you know, there are about 100 different versions of guac? I'm a quac purist I think - I like just my avacados with a little spicy seasoning. Nothing else. I can't stand tomatos and all that added.

but that's my#1 summer treat - salty tortialla chips and home made guac.

5. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I end up buying some smooth stuff that really is not acceptable to me, but I eat it anyway. :p I like the chunky homemade stuff at the resorts in Mexico. I have made it before with onion, avacado, cilantro and some tomato. It's just our avacados are not ripe I don't think. I love the fresh ingredients, and I can't have it be too spicy or I'll end up in the ER with a swollen throat. :eek:

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Sweet - white chocolate
    Salty - Gardetto's Toasted Garlic Rye Chips

Favorite combo - "White Trash" - Golden Grahams, pretzel stix, peanuts mixed together with melted white chocolate poured over the whole mess.

7. frizzyrazzy

this is the stuff I get:
    Guacamole Mix
    It's in the supermarket just by the avacados. sometimes I will add scallions or cilantro but not often. I 've gotten used to just opening up the avacados, mashing up about 4 of them and pouring the mix in and its instant chunky guacamole. I can't stand tomatos..so that's probably why I don't add them. ;)

8. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Calebs Snap peas

9. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Yup, that's the stuff I buy, too. In fact, I just made some yesterday and it was YUMMY!! :)

10. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

good thing im not hungry...I'd be raiding the pantry. LOL:)

Sweet= Strawberry Milkshake(with real strawberry chunks) or White Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Salty= McD's French Fries or popcorn

11. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Sweet--almost anything with chocolate--except I don't care for chocolate cake

Salty--Chesters Puffcorn(by Frito Lays) No hulls or seeds, should be okay for the diverticulitis.

12. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Sweet - Harry and David chocolate truffles

Salty - chips and salsa from a local Mexican restaurant. Both are homemade and incredible.

13. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

sweet: cinnabon or cinnamonster cinnamon rolls... when I smell them when I'm in the mall... I have to try my hardest to resist the urge... I'd eat them every day if I could...
    salty: harvest cheddar sun chips

14. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Sweet: REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!

Salty: Ramen noodles! Yumm.

15. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Sweet: chocolate mousse, but since i'm lactose intolerant I rarely give in to the temptation. otherwise anything chocolate.
    Salty: sour cream and chives chips, which is wierd because I don't like sour cream.

16. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

Sweets: Too many!!! But ice cream is #1. Vanilla with caramel or cookie dough or butterfinger topping

Salty: Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips

17. frizzyrazzy

we should form a Sun Chip support group. LOL. seems it's a favorite for a lot of us.

18. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

And a Double Stuffed Oreo support group too!!:D

19. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Cincinnati (Kenwood)
    7788 Montgomery Road
    Cincinnati, OH 45236
    Trading Hours: 9 am – 9 pm
    Phone: 513-984-3452

Is this any where near you? It's the Trader Joe's that seems closest to you - they have great guacamole. It comes in airtight bags, I add a bit of lime and maybe some garlic and cilantro if I have it - really ripe, fresh avocado taste ;)

20. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I did salt earlier, for sweet I like Grape Nut ice cream, and you can't get it here thankfully! It's an east coast treat!