Many of you may remember this thread: http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?t=63981 The college board, with absolutely no input from me whatsoever after my initial phone call, opened a case and did their own investigation of the situation. The staff at the school apparently dodged their phone calls and said that they were not receiving the faxes that they sent. Finally, someone from the College Board called me and requested that I call the school counselor and instruct her to call them THAT day! I went in yesterday to talk to our 10th grade counselor (the nice one who has been VERY helpful) and the head counselor/principal's wife came in while we were talking and sobbed for about 30 min., very dramatically What I learned from that conversation was that the College Board had called them and asked to speak to their SSD Coordinator and no one on staff, including the head counselor or her husband, the principal, knew who their SSD Coordinator was. So, the school turned around and called the College Board to ask them who the SSD Coordinator was but the College Board refused to tell them! Finally, the principal got College Board to tell him the name of the person. It was someone who had transfered off that campus and then retired years ago. Seriously? I'm sure that helped make their decision about case really quickly - LOL. (I might take a moment to tell you that when we started fighting with this same district 4 years ago to get my dd on 504 after diagnosis, we found out that the 504 coordinator was someone who had died many years before). This school district obviously has a pattern of ignoring the law. I was contacted by the school counselor (the nice one) yesterday and told that our conversation was being recorded (now I know why. They were trying to force me to say that I was declining the offer of a re-take). They said the College Board had contacted them and told them to give Katie Jane a re-take WITH the accomodations. Yeah!!, right? Wrong! Here's the kicker - the school district told me that the ONLY day the College Board would allow the school to do administer the "Exception Exam" was this coming Friday. "We're sorry, we know she's supposed to go to State that day but....you'll just have to decide whether you want her to re-take the exam or go to State" Seriously? She not only qualified to go to State for a flute Solo but she's also in an Ensemble. Obviously, they don't care about the other students this would affect, as well. I was told that they couldn't start the exam until 8:00am and the state qualifiers were leaving at 6:00am. Okay, fine, if this is the only day then I will just have to drive her the 5 1/2 hours to Austin to join the band director when she finishes the exam. I went to talk to the band director to work out all the plans. Then today I got to thinking.....I wouldn't put it past that blankety-blank school district to be doing this on purpose. It certainly wouldn't be the first under-handed thing they have done. So, I called College Board late yesterday and left a message for a call back. When I didn't hear from them by the middle of the day, I put in another call to them. Guess what? The "exception exams" are all being administered Wed. (today) through Friday of this week. College Board doesn't care when the exception exams are given as long as they are within that three day window. It's up to the school district to decide the time and day! End of story: Katie Jane will be re-taking her AP exam tomorrow (Thursday) at whatever time she chooses to arrive at the counselor's office (hopefully, with her approved accomodations this time) and then she will be traveling with her peers to the Texas State Solo & Ensemble competition on Friday morning. Moral of this story? "Don't mess with a Mama Bear" Especially, one with a D kid. Sleep deprivation makes us cranky!!