- advertisement -

CNN Report - "My Child's Future with Diabetes"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by GreatSambino, Sep 16, 2013.

1. GreatSambino

GreatSambino Approved members

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

You did a good job. ;)

It's very well written - hit the critical stuff without getting too bogged down in sap.

I was sort of hoping from the title that it was a "Bionic Pancreas" piece. I do believe that by the time your son in in college, it will be an option.

Good luck, hope the piece is well received.:cwds:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Excellent post! I just wanted to share that my daughter is very close to being an "adult" with diabetes at 21. She told me the other day that when she was diagnosed, she felt as if it were the end of the world. Now, 3 years later, she feels it's a bit of a hassle, but not a major issue in her life. I thought that statement was such a gift! She has done amazing things and has managed to be safe at the same time. It hasn't robbed her of the experience of having a first boyfriend, going off to college 7 hours away (by plane and bus!!), backpacking in on the Appalachian Trail, rowing on the college crew team, being a counselor at an overnight camp two summers in a row in the Rocky Mountains, climbing her first two 14,000 ft. mountains and now...spending a semester in the Czech Republic! I honestly believe that dealing with T1D has made her even more competent and self-reliant!

4. ksartain

ksartain Approved members

That is a great article! I shared it on Facebook and posted that I feel like I could have written it. You captured being the parent of a young T1D beautifully.

5. LJM

LJM Approved members

Very well expressed. Positive, yet truthful. Nice job.

6. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Nicely done, Mom :).

"Blood sugar ninja". Love it!

7. GreatSambino

Thank you :)

8. Ott8965

Ott8965 Approved members

Great little piece! Our stories are so similar it's crazy! From one blessed blood sugar ninja to another! Love it!

9. wilf

wilf Approved members

10. GreatSambino

It crossed my mind in the middle of the night as I was navigating my son's room in the dark and stepping over Lego blocks and everything else. I felt like a ninja. And at 3:00am on no sleep it was quite amusing lol

11. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I don't watch cable news so I guess I haven't been keeping up. I had never heard of "iReport" before. I just looked it up, interesting. How long do they keep a story from an "iReporter" up?

12. GreatSambino

I'm not sure! I've seen some up there for months.