- advertisement -

Clinicly Trialed

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Dounuts, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

I hate not being able to help any of the diabetes charities I know about with clinical trials because i'm too young or I have benn diabetic for too long. I try not to be one of those "oh woe me" people but when you try to make a differnece you can't (there is one trial I can do but it's too far away and is does certian types of slow acting insulin make you fat pfft like that's going to happen since I'm now gluten free), but I not even allowed a pump because my hbA1c is too high but I can have an op on my foot. I have been working hard last two-three years fundraising and trying (without sucess) to lower my sugars. Currently I am at 8.4% the last time I had this much control was 2009. sigh I just want to do more then fundraise I want to help directly find a cure

2. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

Hi. I can't help but response to your poem.... When a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, do you think it makes a sound?.... Sweetie, I believe there are lots of people who "hear" you, even though they don't know how to show it. You are NOT alone!

It is very nice that you want to help find a cure, as we all do. But, sometimes I think that making sure you take care of yourself in the meantime and staying healthy will help in the long run when a cure is found because you can contribute in being a "healthy" candidate when that time comes.

3. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

I know it's just I read all these stories in my copy of balance from diabetes uk about kids the same age as me who are doing all these amazing things so that one day diabetes will no longer exsist. I just so badly want to be one of those amazing people who help make a difference, helps too make sure that other don't suffer the way we do. I don't normally see diabetes as a curse normally it's just an obstacle that makes the life race more interesting, but at the moment...

4. ashtensmom

You are very kind for wanting to help others. Maybe your enthusiasm can be directed another way. So many people do not understand Type 1, or mistaken it for type 2. You would be helping the type 1 community by informing people of the difference, and "this" you can participate in at any time and any where (if you are interested).

5. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

The same night I posted the second post I joined up to T1 youth ambassitors and i recieved my pack today XD

6. ashtensmom

That's great. All the best to you.

7. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

thanks! I much enjoyed going round school today and people asking me what my t1 badge was for. I said about what it was and they were like woow! it was amazing!!:)