- advertisement -

Clinical Trial

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by ResearchChick, Jan 27, 2020.

1. ResearchChick

ResearchChick Approved members

Ive posted in the Research Forum about a Clinical Trial that I had the potential to participate in.

It has officially started and I figured I'd post periodic details and updates. Think of it like a blog entry.

The basis of the trial does not appear to be plausible to me as there is no immunosupression, but it was free, so i figured "what the heck... lets give it a whirl".

As described in Research Forum, the study began with them giving me injections to "grow more of my own stem cells (white blood cells)". The side effects of which were greater than anticipated (joint/bone/muscle pain), but manageable. Then they extracted bone marrow from my hip, put it in a centrifuge (or something) and injected it back into me intravenously.

Most posts will likely only be an update of insulin dosage... cus that's all I'd be interested in when looking at something like this. Expect updates no more frequently than monthly. Was told to not expect insulin changes for at least 3-4 months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prior to study details:
    (note... was on mild diet for my own reasons, not the study's so daily dose is lower than normal for me even)

Some details may be obscured to protect privacy.

Type of Diabetes: Type 1
    Years with diabetes: 38
    BMI: 21.61
    HbA1c: 6.7

Insulin Dose before study commencement (via pump):
    7 day average - 25.07u
    14 day average - 25.88u
    30 day average - 27.82u

Edit: adding in typical basal since what you eat can largely affect your daily dose. Basal, while can still vary, is a lil more consistent.

daily basal: 10.774

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020