- advertisement -

Classes for non-diabetics?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by findthecure, Nov 27, 2008.

1. findthecure

findthecure Approved members

I am looking for a class or some classes to learn more about Diabetes because it is something I am very interested in but as I look around there are only classes for diabetics learning to cope with having diabetes. does anyone know of a Diabetes class that a non-diabetic with no connection to diabetes could go and learn alot aout the disease? If you could please either write on this thread send me a pm or email me at rppr602@aol.com

I am also working on a diabetes video to raise awareness if you would like to submit pictures,stories,video clips, or audio clips again contact me whichever way is more convienient for you.

Thanks for your time and all your support,
    Shannon

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

you could contact your local hosp. they will have a diabetes managment program and in this program they will have a caregivers class on diabetes.

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

You can also try the local ADA chapter and see if they can direct you to classes in the area.

4. wilf

wilf Approved members

hey Shannon, thanks for your interest! You can try to see if your local ADA or JDRF office offer anything. But I think really what you need is to get your hands on a good reference book - I'm thinking Type 1 Diabetes by Ragnar Hanas. You could either buy a copy and then to donate it to your local ADA or JDRF office (as a loaner for newly diagnosed families), or else try to borrow one from someone.

Good luck! :)