- advertisement -

Cinnamon Rolls

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by Mama2H, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I found this on allrecipes.com and tweeked it to make super awsome cinnamon rolls. Hailey's bg barely goes up from these :confused:

3/4 cup milk
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs
    5 teaspoons active dry yeast
    5 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup margarine, melted

Cinnamon and sugar to taste (approx 1 cup sugar and a teaspoon or two of cinnamon)

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
    2. Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour, and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover with a lid, and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
    3. Pour melted margarine into flour, and mix well. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
    4. Divide the dough in half, roll each half out to make a rectangle. Spread melted butter over entire surface and then HEAVILY sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll the rectangles up jelly roll style. Cut the rolled up dough into 1/2 in segments and place on greased pan. Let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
    5. Bake rolls in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes, or until done.
    6. Make a glaze out of 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and enough milk to make desired consistency and pour over hot rolls.

I use the salter scale to weigh these so I have no clue on carb counts :eek:
    --
    ~Nicole~