- advertisement -

christmas eve

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nmco123, Dec 27, 2009.

1. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Welcome Nicole, to the club that no one wants to belong to. But since you had to join us, I will say this: This is an awesome group and many parents and grandparents here have been where you are now. I have no advice to add to what the others have given, but just wanted to welcome you and let you know you can also join us in the CWD chatroom for parents. My dd was dx'd at 13, is now almost 25, married and healthy. She played sports throughout high school and beyond. Your son can do and be almost anything he wants to. God bless you all.

2. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Welcome to CWD :)

How is your son doing?

We also had a Christmastime diagnosis, almost 1 year ago. It's just starting to seem like part of our routine

3. Noel

Noel Approved members

Hi Nicole, Welcome to CWD. I am sorry that you have to be here. My son was also diagnosed on Christmas Eve. Except it was 8 years ago. He has lived 8 years with this disease. I always use the word live vs. the word survive, because as many people here will tell you people with Type 1 diabetes can and do many great things. Again, I am so sorry for your son's diagnoses, I just wanted you to know that it is going to be ok!! We are all here for you. Trust me when I say that we are quite a family here!!

Please feel free to contact me any time. We are close to you as well, just across the river in New Jersey.

4. Mom of 15 yr old

Mom of 15 yr old Approved members

Welcome to this wonderful place. We too had a Christmas diagnosis - and no family history. Daughter was 15 (is 16 now) at the time. I can't give you any additional advice or words of wisdom that has not already been written. I will tell you that when I am down it is a wonderful place to go that will gives me the comfort to know that I am not alone in this fight. It is a world full of knowledge, friendships and comfort. The smiles will come again! I promise!

Take Care!