- advertisement -

childrens names

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mandapanda1980, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Both my girls are adopted. I already adopted Chell, when Dalee came into my care. They are bio siblings.

Michelle Lee - she was a Michelle Barones. We gave her the option to change her name if she wanted too. She choose to change her middle name. So, we settled on Lee. Lee is her bio mothers middle name, my mother's middle name, and my grandfathers first name, and my husband ( x husband now) middle name. Chell is also called, "Bert" "Chell Bert", or "Birdy"

Dalee Elizabeth - She was a Tasha Lee. Tasha just didnt fit her personality. Dalee (pronounced Daily). Dalee came from Dale (x husband now) first name, and then adding his middle name of Lee. Elizabeth-her middle name, my x SIL wanted that as her first name, but I was set on Dalee as the first name. I like the two names together. Dalee's nicknames "Moshy" or "Moshy moo"

Really, they dont care what I call them, as long as I dont call them late for dinner! :)

2. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

Nephele Demetra and Constantine Telemachus. Both names we loved.

Guys, if you are interested in names I suggest www.behindthename.com, a fantastic site with a detailed background on just about any name imaginable.

To find out more about Greek names, I invite you check out my own site www.etymologica.com which is pretty much a work in progress, so any feedback would be welcome :)

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

My foster brother called me the same thing, aparenty it means poop in spanish:rolleyes: it started aca but pretty soon it was caca=) boy I miss him:(

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

And my daughters name is Jessica Nicole! LOL
    We picked it because we liked it.
    Jackson is named after my grandmother - I wanted another "J" name :rolleyes: and he was due on her birthday. It was her maiden name.

5. chelsedin

chelsedin Approved members

Adriana Ann

I was sold on Ariana, DH was sold on Adrienne-so we combined them and woila! Ann is a traditional middle name in my family. All the first born girls back to my ggg-grandmother have the middle name Ann, so it's hard to say no! ;) I like it though.

Since birth, we have called her our "grizzle bear" because she never was a crier from day one, she would growl or grumble for things she wanted. It just stuck.

Our JDRF walk team is named Team Ana Bear. =D

6. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

My oldest, Mariel, is named for my grandmother Mary Elizabeth.
    WTH, 16 years later when Abbey came along, we gave in to our Beatles adulation and named her Abbey Michelle. The deal was sealed when we found that Abbey meant source of joy.

7. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Sarah Corine- I wanted Elizabeth Anne or Katharine Elizabeth. Dh wanted Leigh-Anne or Julie-Anne with no middle name. After much discussion we finally settled on Corine as a middle name after dh's grandma but still could not agree on a first name. Ultimately, we both made a list of our top 10 girls name choices and Sarah was the only name to make both lists so she became Sarah Corine. When she was little we used to call her Suzy-Q (not sure why) which later turned into Sarah Sue (which we still call her sometimes). My mom has always called her "Sweet Pea". When she was little she would tell people her name was 'Sarah Sue Corine B-----'.

Charles Connor- I pretty much had no choice on his first name being Charles since he is the 4th generation to have that first name. They all go by middle names so that was where I was determined to get my way. Since I did not get my first choice on any of Sarah's names or the use of Charles I insisted that I got to choose his middle name. I chose Connor because I like it and I knew he would be going by his middle name. My mom always called him 'Little Guy' when he was younger but calls him 'Buddy' most of the time now. We've never really had a nickname for him.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  8. Noel

Noel Approved members

I have 2 first cousins that I grew up very close to, they each have children all starting with A names (Amber, Alissa, Alec, and Ashley). When I was pregnant it was often discussed if we would continue the A theme. The first choice we had was Colby Noah. When he was born, the name just did not fit him at all....after a few minutes of looking at him, I looked at Keith and said,

Austin Bradley. That was it, it stuck, Austin just because it was an A name that we liked and Bradley was my grandmother's maiden name. Nickname: "Tin" when he was little he couldn't say Austin and called himself "tin" and it stuck.

Aidan Zachary = when I was pregnant with Aidan I knew if he was a boy he would have to have an A name. We could not decide on anything....about a week before he was born I said to Keith, we don't have a name for this baby, he looked at me and said, boy = Aidan Zachary, girl = Erica Renee (This would have been after his godparents) I loved the name Aidan and was thrilled when DH said it, so it was fine with me. Upon delivery he looked like his name and it stuck. Nickname: Bugs, don't know why ...

9. Kelly.Marie

Kelly.Marie Approved members

Jack Spencer: DH and I were sitting there making a list of boy names and disagreeing on all. Just then my brother's friend pulled up and I yelled out "Jackson's here", I asked DH "what do you think about the name Jackson?", he replied, "I like Jack". Spencer is FILs middle name, liked the way they flowed together.

10. Livie's Mom

Livie's Mom Approved members

Memory Olivia - Named after my grandmother Memory Olive - we call her "livie" or "baby"

Kaleb Dwayne - Always liked the name Kaleb and it was unusual at the time and from the bible. Dwayne after his father

11. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Awesome thread :)

McKenzie-My DH came up w/her name. I wasn't sure at first, but I started to love the name. She goes by Kenzie from her friends and we call her Metiwe..that is what my 3 year old came up with, so now we call her that..lol

Lukas or Luke- My DH and I knew right away this would be the perfect name. This actually his middle name, his first name is William. He is named after my DH's grandfather.
    His nicknames are Lukie

Ethan- We had a hard time deciding on a name and my DD came up to me one day and said what about Ethan? I don't kinow why I never thought of the name Ethan, I have always loved it :)
    His nicknames are little e and chi chi..lol

12. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

This is fun! :)

Zackary Kent - We both liked Zackary and Kent is my DH's mother's maiden name. No cool nicknames, just Zack or Zacker

Travis Aaron - Just names we liked. Although right after we named him Bob the Builder came out and there was the tractor named Travis. We thought that was funny. Nickname - Big T

Kylie Brynna - I liked the name Brynn but not with our last name (didn't like 2 one-syllable words together) so I made it Brynna. I thought that was it and called her that for a month or two and then my DH said he didn't like it!! We were going to call a girl either Kassidy or Kelsey when the boys were born so we stuck with the K theme and ended up with Kylie and then I got to use Brynna as a middle name. Nickname is Kylie-Bear or just Bear