- advertisement -

Childrens Congress 2011

Discussion in 'Kids' started by josmom, Jul 24, 2010.

1. josmom

josmom Approved members

I' thinking about *trying* to do the childrens congress 2011. Who else is? Has anyone ever done it before? thanks;)

2. Svati

Svati Approved members

yay for Children's Congress!

Hey,
    I've been looking around these forums just because now that Children's Congress 2011 is right around the corner, I just wanted to kind of reach out and let people know what a wonderful opportunity this is! (go to http://cc.jdrf.org to apply.) I was a delegate at the 2003 Children's Congress and LOVED IT.

For those who don't know: Anyone who is 4-17 years old and has Type 1 diabetes can apply to go to Children's Congress. About 150 kids are selected, and they all get to travel to Washington, DC and attend meetings with legislators on Capitol Hill to explain why we need federal funding for diabetes research so we can find a cure. A few delegates get to testify at a Senate hearing on diabetes, and everyone also has the opportunity to meet celebs with Type 1 (such as Nick Jonas, who came to Children's Congress in 2009).

If you have been to CWD's Friends for Life, just imagine a similar event taking place in Washington, DC - with the same feeling of a close community getting together to do something about this disease and make lifelong friends at the same time (alas, there is no exhibit hall!). I really, really enjoyed my experience in 2003.

And, to those of you who have already attended Children's Congress (in 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 or 2009), speak up! :)

3. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

Can people from the Uk go as well ?or is it only for americans?:eek::confused:

4. josmom

josmom Approved members

hmm, im not sure. u could probably go to ask.com or something to find out???

5. Svati

Svati Approved members

if you're in the UK

Yes, you may apply even if you're from the UK. The only thing is that it's a little trickier than just submitting the standard application...

If you contact the JDRF office in London, they can tell you more.

6. Svati

Svati Approved members

7. Svati

Svati Approved members