advertisement

Childrens allday socks

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jmazza1, Dec 15, 2012.

1. jmazza1

jmazza1 New Member

Hi
    Does anyone know of an Australian supplier for childrens allday (diabetic) socks.Our grandson is 5 years old.
    Any thoughts on the benefits of these socks?
    Cheers Jenny

2. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Hello!

I am not from Australia, so I cannot answer your first question, but I can give you my thoughts on your second question. My four-year-old son has type 1, and I cannot imagine putting diabetic socks on him. He is young and healthy, without circulatory system or nerve problems, and I see absolutely no reason for, or benefit to, putting him in speciality socks! Unless there are other extenuating circumstances to consider for your grandson, I would not even consider tracking these things down. :cwds:

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Special socks are not necessarily unless you already have circulatory problems or neuropathy - wearing them without either of those conditions will do absolutely nothing to prevent them either. The problem for someone with circulatory problems (often complicated by neuropathy) is that there is some potential for socks to actually cut off what little circulation there is, which will obviously cause problems when worn for extended periods.. but I would venture to say that for a vast majority of 5 year olds this just isn't an issue, even if they wore socks 24/7.

Socks leaving marks is not necessarily an indicator that there is a potential problem.. socks (and other clothing) have ALWAYS left marks on me (I even get marks on my wrists when I wear stretchy gloves) but because I have neither circulation problems or neuropathy it's just not a concern... I have very fair skin and that is why marks show up on me more than most people.

4. jmazza1

jmazza1 New Member

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to reply...much appreciated