- advertisement -

Children in the white house

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MySweethearts, Nov 5, 2008.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

I think it is great. :) Obama's children are so adoreable, and wouldn't it of been so cool to be their age and living in the white house. My daughter wants my husband to run for prez so she can live in the white house. :D

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I thought as a kid it would be fun. All those rooms, all that stuff..anything you want, whenever you want it. Trips and luxury. As a mom...I'm a bit torn. They're so little. What about their friends at home, their school, girl scouts..(who knows??), Hopefully this doesn't steal their childhood. I hope their parents can make this a normal situation for them. You think about kids like Amy Carter though and she was practically invisible vs Chelsea Clinton who was not.

I think they are by and far the cutest kids to inhabit the white house in recent history (apologies to JFK jr and Caroline) They're just little adorable girls.

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

I think it's going to be great to see these two adorable girls in the White House! And since their father won, they get a puppy! :D

4. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom Approved members

i think i read/heard somewhere that michelle obama said her focus when she is in the white house will be her kids. i think that is awesome.

5. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I don't know about you all, but whenever we stay in someone else's furnished house, I'm paranoid about the kids breaking something. Imagine walking into the Lincoln bedroom and finding the kids bouncing up and down on the bed once slept on by President Lincoln? Or playing ball and breaking a ming vase...wait didn't they do that in the Brady Bunch movie? :eek:

Still, I think it's got to be exciting for all of them. Kids are so resilient, despite the fact that it's a huge change, they'll adjust quickly. :)

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh I was thinking that too!! Eeek. They seem like two very active girls...

7. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Oh yeah it will be exciting for them for sure...however, the thought of secret service following them every where they go til they are 18 years old...(YES 18!!) is scary..these 2 will never get away with nothing lol...They are adorable! I am sure they will get into mischief there and its going to be funny to read about it...(they are kids!) White House needs some kids in it! Been a longggg time!

8. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Do you know who the girls want to invite to the White House first???? The Jonas Brothers. ... too funny. What a different "house" it will be for the next four years!

9. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I just hope they choose a rescue puppy. As goes the First Dog, so goes the breed popularity list.

10. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Witnessing the Obama family together at his acceptance speech on Tuesday night, and
    knowing Barack and Michelle's long and tireless committment to family and community
    service, I can not imagine any American family who is more deserving of residing in the
    White House.

11. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

The only kid Ive been around to see in the White House was Chelsea Clinton. She was really close to my age(I think I was a year or so younger)when her dad became President and I remember thinking it was cool there was a girl my age there, but thats about it. I guess the Bush twins were there too, but they werent ever really there were they? It is neat to have young kids there, but I also wonder what it means for them. I saw something on tv last night from a former Secret Service agent who was assigned to a former presidents child and he said the hardest thing is that they cannot get attached to the child. They have to always be there, always be watching, but they are just like a big shadow, not really talking to them or interacting, just watching. Kylee thinks it would be like Cory in the House, and Im just not thinking its that easy.