- advertisement -

Chia seeds

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylee's Mom, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I got some Chia seeds the other day to add to our smoothies and then did some reading about them. They claim to help stable blood sugar ... does anyone use these? Kaylee had some pasta last night .. which I usually avoid .. sprinkled some Chia seeds on ... she went to bed at 124 and woke at 140. This never happens with pasta .. was it a fluke or do they really help?

Crystal

2. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I have heard they do help stabilize blood sugars ... I take them every day ... maybe I should have my daughter try it as well after your experience :) I was reading a blog and the poster said that she has good results and helps keep highs at bay when she take chia seeds as well.

3. Kaylee's Mom

Well I figure they cannot hurt ... and at worst they are super good for you ... so she is still getting some benefits. I put them in her smoothies but she will sprinkle them on anything .. I found a chia seed pudding I want to try and a Chia seed refrigerator jam recipe.

4. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

just wondering if Kaylee's BS was checked at all through the night?
    she could have had a rise then dropped, and you would never know....

5. Kaylee's Mom

I checked her once and she was in the 124 - 140 range .. I sent a teaspoon with her to school yesterday for her yogurt and she had great bs all day .. maybe a fluke for sure ... but like I said before .. at the worst she is getting a lot of protein, fiber and omega 3 ... I was just wondering if anyone else has had experience with the seeds.