- advertisement -

Check this place out!

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by jcanolson, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

http://www.matteospizza.com/

We just ordered some pizzas from them the other day. Really good!! They bake them and then flash freeze them, so all we had to do was pop it in the oven to heat up. The girls really liked them, and I thought they would come in handy for the constant youth group pizza get togethers.

He is also working on sandwich rolls and cupcakes, and you can just order the pizza crusts to top yourself.

Check out the part of the web-site that talks about how they built their gf kitchen.

2. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Very cool! I wonder how much shipping would be to MN. Thanks for the link.

3. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

You could call about the shipping. I was in-state, so it wasn't too bad. They were also able to put 8 pizzas, 2 pizza crusts, and a couple cupcakes to sample in the box, with room to spare, so if you average it out over several pizzas it might not be too bad.

4. lodiej

lodiej Approved members

Do you know about pizza luche who serves gluten free pizza and pasta 2 nights a week? Michelos in Blaine has gluten free pizza, pastas, salads and deserts. Thought I'd pass along the info in case you weren't aware! I don't think either of these kitchens was built like a surgical suite!

5. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

That is so funny that you posted this. My family went to Nashville a couple of months ago. I searched gluten free restaurants on the internet before we went and Matteo's popped up. We were staying in downtown Nashville, but made a trip over to try their pizza. It was good. The place was much smaller than I expected, I think it is mostly a delivery place. The employees were SUPER nice. The owner came in while we were there and he was so nice too. They also offered us all cupcakes to sample. The rest of us had the non-gf pizza and it was wonderful. I would recommend them highly. The owner seems like a person I would like to give my business to.

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

I did know about Pizza Luche. There is another pizza place in Mahtomedi, too. The crusts are made by Coqui--and thankfully they are close to my work! Did you know about the GF store in Woodbury? Everything in the store is GF. I couldn't believe the selection of pasta!!

7. momladybug

momladybug Approved members

Godfathers in Burnsville MN has gf pizza

We went there last night and Amanda said the pizza was good. The manager said that the pizza crust comes frozen and you can even buy it and bring it home. I don't know if other Godfather's Pizza locations have it also...

Any other gf restraurant recommendations in Twin Cities area? We are located in Shakopee...