- advertisement -

Check out the video I made about Type 1

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dawnsmom, Jul 27, 2007.

1. MLH

MLH Approved members

video

Nothing like starting my Sat. morning with a good cry!:cwds: Your video was just amazing and I can't wait to pass it on.

My daughter always sleeps with her hands under her pillow, now I know why and I am just devastated!:(

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  2. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

I sent the link to everyone in my address book. So many people have emailed me telling me that they never knew how it was to live with this disease. You did an awesome job raising awareness. Thanks for making this.

3. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

What kind of software did you use to create this? I noticed on youtube there were some others made by parents. I'd like to create one to support the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRIF). I'm very grateful JDRF generously gave DRI $6 million last year :).

4. hallenbeckfamily

hallenbeckfamily Approved members

Absolutley,totally and completley amazing!!! Beyond real and beyond words,yes I am crying too. I also am sending it to all friends and fam as well as our CDE,the local news station and any one else I come up with. That would be amazing to see on t.v. In a few weeks our CDE is holding a meeting for parents to plan our D walk. Downstairs is kids only-no parents allowed and they are bringing in a counselor so kids can talk bout D with out pressure of fam. I want them to play that at our meeting. That video is beyond motivating,I feel like running around the neighboorhood promoting D awareness and donations. Thx for making that and sharing it with us so that we may enlighten,educate and increase awareness all over the U.S. and beyond to work together to FINALLY get a cure our heros (big and small) deserve. GOD BLESS!! Just amazing~~ Jennifer

5. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Brilliant :cwds: Rachel has watched it 4 times already. She wants to know how old your daughter is please?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  6. Dawnsmom

Dawnsmom Approved members

Many of you have asked how I created the video so you can make one also. I used Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. This program came with my computer but I believe you can download it if you have Microsoft Windows. It is very easy to use. You will be amazed at what you can create. The hard part was not making the video but creating (or converting the movie) into a file large enough for good quality yet small enough for Youtube or another video hosting provider to accept it. I did not go through all the effort of making the video for the quality of it suffer in the end. I actually did have to take out many trnasitions between pictures (fade in to white, etc.) for it to not look jumpy. When it gets to that stage for you, have someone who knows alot about converting videos for streaming help you to get the best quality.

Good luck!! I am overwhelmed with the responses. Please pass the video on and raise awareness to what our families endure everyday.

Dawnsmom

7. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

I absolutely loved the video...had me in tears....each time I watched...

I hope you don't mind, I think I'm going to have my oldest dd make one like yours- similar but not exact with my own kids in it......It is a very powerful video.

8. MLH

MLH Approved members

video

I just watched it again with the volume turned down, thought I might not sob as much....but I did!:eek:

9. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Wonderfully touching video. Thank you for sharing it with us. Your daughter's eyes tell the whole story.

10. Taocat

Taocat Approved members

Thank You For Sharing

This was just beautiful.

My husband and I both watched it with tears in our eyes. Your daughter reminds us of our precious granddaughter, Kylee Ann who is 6 now.

AND oh how real those nighttime checks are! When Kylee Ann came to visit last month, Steve and I did the nighttime checks. We felt like vampires, all we needed were some capes and teeth!!!:D

Blessings to you and yours.

Donna

11. ange_mom

ange_mom Approved members

Thank you so much. I will be sending to allmy friends and family as soon as I can stop the tears. You did a fantastic job.

12. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I have watched the vidoe several times, and think that it is a fantastic representation of what we go through every day.

About the sleeping on then hands, I had to laugh at that also. I have had diabetes for 9 years now and ever since I was diagnosed I have slept on my hands. When I was younger my parents would have to pry my hands out from under me just to test me during the night, but now I have CGM so I wake up on my own.

~Liz

13. mom2emily

mom2emily Approved members

Beautiful!

WOW, this is just amazing, I too will be sending it to everyone I know! THANK YOU!

14. Cool_Cuz

Cool_Cuz Approved members

Thank you so much for this...it was simply amazing. I hope you don't mind, but I showed it to all of my friends who agreed that it was very touching. <3

15. Mymommymommy

Mymommymommy Approved members

made me cry! job well done!

16. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

Wow, I can't stop crying. Thank you, I've emailed this out and posted it on my site as well.

17. Noel

Noel Approved members

Awesome....Just awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this....it was hard to watch so I am sure that it was even harder to make!!!

Because Aidan has had Diabetes for so long and my husband as well, I feel like I have lived all my life with it. Sometimes I forget what it is like not to have diabetes in my life, I also think that I am guilty of not always appreciating what they go through or how hard it is for them. Your video make me think about what they struggle with each day! Thank you so much for renewing my sense of appreciation!

Aidan sleeps on his side with his hands between his knees. Come to think of it my other son never sleeps like this!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  18. DylansMum

DylansMum Approved members

wow, just beautiful, cried my eyes out the whole time!!!!!

19. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

I put off watching this. I knew it was going to be emotional.

You did an excellent job! Now I am going to go find a box of tissues to dry my eyes.
    Jamie

20. mommyofocean

mommyofocean Approved members

awesome

Wow that video was awesome it brought tears to my eyes great Job!!

Carolyn